Job Title: Quality Engineer
Salary: Up to £35K + Benefits (dep on exp)
Keywords relating to this role include; Quality, Engineering, High Precision, Automotive, Aerospace, Tooling, Re-work, MRO, SPC, Metrology, DOE, FMEA, PPAP, APQP, PPM, OTIF, ISO9001, F4N
A leading specialist in tooling repair and overhaul are now seeking an experienced Quality Engineer to join their growing engineering team based in Wetherby. Due to extensive business growth and an increase in OEM customers from aerospace and automotive industries, they need to ensure their quality standards and OTIF targets are maintained and continually improved.
Reporting directly to the MD, you will be tasked with ensuring the systems and complex manufacturing processes meet the demands of the business and customers, to minimize the internal re-work to less than 1% and maintain zero customer escapes.
Some of your duties are listed below:
- Technical liaison with customers which may involve visits to customers and suppliers;
- Reviewing customer technical requirements from both a mechanical and welding perspective;
- Monitoring of performance trends in area (PPM, scrap, rework etc.) and working towards improvement against set targets;
- In process and final inspection including customer certification;
- Organising and actively participating in structured problem solving/5Y teams;
- Involvement in development activities for new projects (APQP, PPAP, First Article etc.);
- Conducting product, process and systems audits as required to ISO9001:2015 & F4N.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a high precision manufacturing environment, ensuring products are manufactured at the right cost and level of quality, as well as a clear understanding of PPAP / APQP, whilst working within the ISO9001:2015 framework. Confident in your ability, you will become the quality specialist within this small, but growing business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quality Engineer looking for career progression, who wishes to work for a company, where their expertise can have a huge positive impact on the business.
If you believe you have the skills and experience required for such an autonomous position, please apply to this advert addressing your application to Neil Edwards.
Ideal living locations for this position include; Leeds, Harrogate, York, Bradford, Richmond, Huddersfield, WetherbyEncore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy and senior appointment sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a "refer a friend" reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to £500.
- High Precision
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job