Quality Engineer Stoke on Trent Salary up to 35k
To ensure full compliance with all Quality policies, procedures and practices and propose improvements to drive a "Quality" first culture on the shop floor. To champion the Company’s Continuous Improvement approach to Quality, reviewing non-conformities and incidents for determining root cause, corrective and preventative actions. Devise, establish and update Quality documentation, procedures and processes based on industry standards. This is a standalone role so experience working in a similar environment would be beneficial with experience of ISO9001 and Vehicle Type Approval
- Identify improvement opportunities, appropriately prioritise and manage to conclusion
- Review existing Quality Control procedures and implement enhancements to achieve best practice
- Drive cultural change to encourage "right first time first" culture
- Champion, manage and maintain the CIP (Continuous Improvement Process) with regard to PDI, Production and Engineering issues
- Work with Supervisors and Team Leaders in Quality Control compliance and improvement
- Enhance Customer complaint and internal non-conformance investigations to identify root cause and appropriate corrective and preventative actions.
- Maintenance of quality records, control plans and checklists to ensure real time conformance to Type Approval requirements
- Liaise with VCA officials as required
- Co-ordinate Type Approval audits and inspections as required
- Documentation audits to check compliance against standards
- Lead quality projects and initiatives to support continuous improvement for customer delivery
- Lead 'Lean Manufacturing’ initiatives to improve business KPI’s
- Build effective working relationships with other functions such as Production, Engineering, Purchasing, H&S, Sales and Finance
- This is a standalone role so experience working in a similar environment would be beneficial.
- Experience of ISO9001 and Vehicle Type Approval
- Passionate and committed to Quality, to see though the improvements and culture change.
- Background in welding, fabrication and heavy engineering desirable
- Computer literate
- Experience in delivering robust solutions to quality concerns using problem solving methodology (internal and external customer concerns).
- Excellent communicator who pro-actively informs key stakeholders on status of quality concerns
- Able to establish structured approach to problem solving
- Hands-on - willing to flex up and down business to address key priorities for business
- Ability to positively support all areas of the business as we evolve towards a Lean Enterprise. Be active in providing and supporting the implementation of solutions to both quality and business problems.
- Detail orientated and Analytical
- Team player and able to build Relationships
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job