Hauck Heat Treatment Ltd provides a range of Surface Treatment and Heat Treatment services to the UK engineering industry. Hauck HT is part of the Materials Technology Division of Aalberts Industries NV.
Our team of specialists provide customers with access to extensive experience and excellent expert metallurgical knowledge. In addition to offering a full range of traditional heat treatment processes, Hauck HT also provides special treatments designed to overcome specific problems such as abrasion, corrosion and adhesion.
We have a vacancy for a Quality Engineer/Technician to work within our team at our Telford plant. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is enthusiastic and committed to implementing Quality standards and Continual Improvement Processes to support Business performance.
The successful candidate will support the Quality and Technical Manager and provide technical assistance to ensure the effective management of the Quality function and duties are implemented throughout the plant. You will provide hands on management of equipment calibration duties to support production and customer requirements, including performing Temperature Uniformity Surveys in line with site procedures.
Key responsibilities of the Quality Engineer/Technician:
- Hands on management of equipment calibration functions and duties to support production and customer requirements, including performing Temperature Uniformity Surveys in line with site procedures.
- Reporting results in a timely manner to Quality/Production management.
- Assisting in finding the Root Cause of any issues found.
- To manage System Accuracy Testing, periodic calibrations, thermocouple replacement & management of equipment calibrations schedules of external & internal calibration.
- In line with the Quality Management System, customer, organisational and operational requirements, ensure that conformance is maintained to meet our customer & site approvals.
- To drive improved site quality performance through analysis of results obtained and customer feedback, providing periodic reports to management and production teams
- In conjunction with the Head of Quality UK and site management team , maintain the site QMS accreditation portfolio to achieve continuous certification by a programme of scheduled audits and effective implementation of countermeasures to address any non-compliance
- To assist the Technical/Quality Manager in deployment of the group quality strategy and achievement of associated targets and objectives.
Requirements of the Quality Engineer/Technician:
- Experience in the compliance and maintenance of AS/EN9100- based Quality Management Systems and a recognised qualification in Quality system auditing is required as a minimum, previous experience of AS9100 is preferred.
- Good technical understanding of both Heat and/or Surface Treatment processes
- Computer literate and conversant with Microsoft office applications is essential, previous experience of quality analytical software is desirable.
- The ability to interpret engineering specifications, drawings and standards and to construct local procedures and train others in how to comply with them.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Quality Engineer/Technician role then please apply now!