Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer will assure right first time quality, promoting a major improvement in the quality of incoming parts from suppliers, and in-house quality along the full front-to-back manufacturing process.
This is a critical role in the business and due to growth, our client is looking to find a determined and committed individual who will help mould and drive a successful quality department.
Quality Engineer Duties & Responsibilities Include:
* Working on site and at Supplier sites to Engineer in Quality to raw materials and components
* Responsible for review and approval of potential new suppliers, supplier quality control standards, and manufacturing quality control
* Supports supplier development for quality systems
* Conduct periodic supplier audits of the supplier quality system to ensure compliance to all business and regulatory requirements
* Supporting Manufacturing problem solving demonstrating effective root cause analysis to close out quality concerns.
* Setting and maintain the final customer quality shipping standard
* Addressing and closing out customer related complaints to prevent re occurrence
* Auditing and approval of CAR's, processes & Procedures, ensuring control and adherence within the manufacturing environment.
* Take immediate containment actions to provide quick resolution to in process related quality problems and then follow a rigorous problem solving process to provide complete preventative solutions
* Responsible for in process parts quality in the NPI process to ensure drawing and process quality
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Flexible working days, nights and afters.
* Proven track record in Quality Assurance
* CI, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma methodology experience, Six Sigma Black Belt or Lean Expert qualifications would be an asset
* Extensive understanding of engineering drawings and geometric tolerancing
* Demonstrable experience applying Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), process mapping and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP).
This is an outstanding opportunity for a progressive Quality Engineer to join a thriving business as it enters an exciting period.
Relevant job titles: Quality Manager, Senior Quality Engineer