R13 recruitment are supporting a national organisation in their search for an experienced Quality Engineer to work to maintain and improve the Quality Assurance of the businesses supply chain. Working from their North Norwich based offices, but including national travel to visit suppliers of both manufacturing components and specialist bought in finished products (c75). As an experienced Quality Engineer, you will be looking to bring your experience to impact a business who are striving to become a world class manufacturer.
Duties to include:
- Review and measure current supplier’s products and components in line with relevant industry quality and safety standards.
- Working on both an ad hoc and project basis to ensure consistency in products supplied.
- Relationship management with suppliers, identifying issues and collaborating to overcome and create viable, cost effective solutions.
- On boarding of new suppliers, and acting as a key team member within the approval process.
- Assuring suppliers products / components will pass relevant industry body audit / assessment.
- Carrying out internal and external audits within agreed timeframes and schedules.
- Nonconformity containment and resolution.
- Continually carrying out improvement activities with a focus on improving quality, reducing issues, cost and waste.
- Carrying out root cause determination and corrective action.
- Maintaining and developing the quality system.
- Management reporting.
You will have/be:
- Supplier management experience from a quality assurance perspective, preferably within a manufacturing, construction or related field.
- Experience of planning / conducting quality audits to ISO (9001) / BSI / BBA / Exova standards .
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement, Six Sigma desirable.
- Success within a fast paced and change orientated environment, preferably within a manufacturing, construction or related field.
- Experience of managing third party accreditations including BSI, BBS and EXOVA.
- Understanding of factory and manufacturing requirements.
- Confident communicator across all levels of an organisation.
- Ability to read and understand specifications and technical drawings.
- Strong problem solving abilities within this specific area - use of 8D model desirable.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office.
This is a full time, permanent role working Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm. Offered salary of £32,000 - £38,000 DOE. Comprehensive benefits package is offered including: Car + fuel card, company pension scheme, holiday entitlement and free onsite car parking.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Rebecca Headden - Business Partner at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential, and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details, and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.
- Quality Assurance
- Supplier Management
- Quality Engineer