NPI/ Launch Engineer Quality Engineer
We are a leading supplier to a host of automotive OEMs around Europe. We have prestigious Coventry site and as a company we are very driven towards Kaizen and continuous improvements within their TS16949, QS9000, and ISO 14001 accredited environment.
Scope of Position :
Scope of Position :
The Launch Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting all launch activities at various manufacutinrg locations. Providing quality representation during the launch phase at various customers facilities and locations as required. Establish the initial quality standards and parameters to ensure flawless on time launch of new business. Follow established systems and monitor / assess project milestone activities. Update APQP documentation to support engineering, manufacturing, assembly functions and the supply base.
Key Responsibilities :
- Participate in drawing & design review meetings to understand specifications and feasibility of meeting the customer’s requirements, DFM&A requirements and that internal interests are covered.
- Participate in DFMEA reviews ensuring that past lessons learned are incorporated in the design.
- Participate in PFMEA reviews ensuring that adequate process controls or parameters have been considered & that past lessons learned are incorporated in the process.
- Audit & update flawless launch documentation (APQP).
- Audit & populate APQP phase reports to ensure accurate APQP statuses are recorded & communicated to the Management team.
- Support Program Management team with Program open issue meetings by following up on the progress of identified actions.
- Support the correct identification of key product characteristics in coordination with Program teams.
- Support the development, review & approval of production documentation such as Process Flow, Operator Instructions, Dummy part / error proofing procedures, Control plans, Visual aids, Gauge instructions, etc. in coordination with Program teams.
- Support development of DVP&R documents and the completion of DV & PV testing in coordination with Program teams.
- Participate in the development of gauging strategies which conform to internally defined standards & customer expectations. Assist in the approval of gauging systems through the use of appropriate MSA techniques.
- Monitor the receipt of and coordinate the review / approval of supplier PPAP submissions. Work with suppliers to resolve identified issues.
- Review dimensional reports and Initial SPC studies for all new programs and formulate corrective action plans with Program teams in order to meet business & program requirements.
- Coordinate any unique studies as required for their assigned programs as a result of Customer Complaints, Internal issues etc. throughout the program development / initial validation cycle.
- Investigation/trouble shooting for advanced quality concerns, including onsite visits to customers and suppliers throughout the program development / initial validation cycle.
- Perform receiving inspection & sampling activities for new product launches and engineering changes.
- Participate for new programs training sessions with the operators.
- Coordinate any required "Outside Testing" in conjunction with the Test Lab Supervisor.
- Participate in VA/VE activities to aid the introduction of potential savings to both new & current production parts.
- Work in a safe manner at all times.
- Participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities.
- Follow all general procedures where applicable as indicated in the General Procedures section of the level III Procedure manual.
- Follow all Departmental General Procedures as well as procedures for this position as indicated in the level III Instructions manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work in compliance and conform to IATF 16949 and ISO14001 standards.
Basic Requirements :
- Possess a University /College Technical background or equivalent.
- Previous experience and training in statistical methods and measurement systems [MSA].
- Proficient in GD&T
- Basic knowledge in stamping dies, Assembly processes and checking fixtures.
- Knowledge of computer software, including Excel, Word, Project and Outlook
- Previous experience in the automotive industry.
- Knowledge of IATF 16949 Quality systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills- dealing with customers and various departments in a multicultural environment.
- Previous working experience with Control Plans and PFMEA’s and PPAP’s.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Life assurance