Job Description - Quality Engineer NPI Biased - £35,000
Report to: Quality Manager
The aim of this position is to manage the development of quality activities through programs, to obtain reliable products on time with the required quality, from design to manufacture using quality tools and applications to meet internal requirements and deadlines.
- APQP ownership - management of all quality related tasks
- FMEA ownership - from Design to Production
- NPI support - Quality ownership for NPI within programs.
- Control Plans definition and execution
- Validation Plans definition and execution
- Control Means definition and approval
- Process Validation
- Liaise with program manager through new projects
- Liaise with Design, Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, Supply Chain, Logistics, Senior Management & Stakeholders on all new programs
- PPAP submissions to customers external / Internal
- CAD & Drawing reviews
- Devising measurement strategy with the manufacturing teams & identifying the necessary equipment.
- CE, CSA technical file compliance and ownership
Personnel Skills Profile
Knowledge and Education
Qualified Quality Engineer, with background in NPI with Design to Manufacture principles.
Proven experience in new product introduction in highly regulated industry with a track record of successful & on-time projects
Skills and Competencies
Technical competences and know-how :
FMEA Design to Manufacture (DFMEA, PFMEA)
Fit For Manufacture Drawing Awareness
Safety Critical and Critical Characteristic understanding within design to manufacture
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- Quality Engineer