Quality Engineer / Mechanical Designer - Aerospace.
Our client is a highly successful global aerospace company, they are looking for a Quality Engineer / Mechanical Designer to act as the Quality authority within the companies engineering Product development teams, to ensure that quality requirements are addressed throughout the engineering development of new products.
Our client is looking for a candidate with a strong background within a design office who has moved their career into quality.
As a Quality Engineer / Mechanical Designer - your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Proven Quality experience operating in EN9100, EN9110, TickIT Plus, EASA Part-21(G) & EASA Part-145 environments.
- Airframe structures design office background including fabrication, machining, mechanical assemblies and Geometric tolerancing.
- Degree qualified desirable.
- Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of Quality tools and techniques.
- Quality Planning - ability to effectively flow down Customer specific requirements into new designs and ensuring capture of all quality requirements relating to the achievement of product compliance.
- Excellent root cause analysis and corrective action understanding, including use of lean tools such as 8D, and DFMEA / PFMEA.
- Sound engineering experience and associated Quality & Inspection knowledge.
- QMS implementation and lead auditing to recognised aerospace standards
- Attention to detail and methodical approach
- Self-starter with a desire for problem solving and process improvement
- Professional conduct and good communication skills to influence both internally and externally.
As a Quality Engineer / Mechanical Designer - your main responsibilities will involve:
- Determination and generation of Quality plans to meet Customer requirements.
- Ensuring Quality plans are implemented and translated into robust production process controls.
- Ensure Quality Management System adherence to EN9100, EASA Part 21(G) and Part 145, and with customer approvals throughout the Product Development Lifecycle.
- Ensure implementation of robust change control and configuration management process.
- Manage and host Product Development auditing activities.
- Manage Quality escapes and Customer investigations.
- Drive product and process non-conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities including concession management
- Conduct required First Article Inspections and ensure smooth transition of new products into production.
Keywords - Mechanical, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Aerospace, EN9100, EN9110, TickITPlus, EASA, Airframe Structures, Fabrication, Machining, Geometric Tolerancing, 8D, DFMEA, PFMEA, Inspection, Quality Engineering, First Article Inspections.
Quality Engineer / Mechanical Designer - Quality - Aerospace.
Salary - Competitive, large company benefits, flexitime
Location - Wimborne, Dorset
- Mechanical Design
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job