Quality Engineer - Manufacturing
Circa £30-35k (negotiable dependent on experience) + benefits
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, a Quality Engineer will be required to provide technical and quality interface between the customer and the employer. You will provide materials engineering input and give direction and guidance in all phases of the product lifecycle from inception through introduction into the marketplace. Working for the world's leading innovator and manufacturer of nickel-based super alloys - we are looking for an ambitious Quality Engineer to fit in with the current remit and succession planning moving forward - this is an employer and a role with genuine and achievable prospects.
The role of the Quality Engineer involves monitoring the quality of products within their allocated value streams whilst supporting continuous improvement activities by working alongside CI engineers and supervisors in order to maximise the right first time ethos.
- Review existing Quality Control procedures and implement enhancements to achieve best practice
- Ensure corrective actions are carried out in a timely manner; responsibilities may also include the design and creation of gauge drawings/overlays/data gathering
- Drive cultural change to encourage 'right first time’ culture
- Identify improvement opportunities, appropriately prioritise and manage to conclusion
- Manage and maintain the Continuous Improvement Process with regard to PDI, Production and Engineering Issues
- Enhance customer complaint and internal non-conformance investigations to identify root cause and appropriate corrective and preventative actions
- Maintain quality records, control plans and checklists to ensure real-time conformance to Type Approval requirements
- Coordinate Type Approval audits and documentation audits to check compliance against standards
- Lead 'Lean Manufacturing’ initiatives to improve business KPIs and support continuous improvement for customer delivery
- Work in accordance with Company Environmental Policy and Health and Safety Policy procedures
APPLICANT MINIUMUM REQUIREMENTS
- HNC in Metallurgy, Materials Science or similar engineering or manufacturing subject
- Previous experience in engineering or technical roles in a manufacturing quality environment, including ISO9001 and Vehicle Type Approval
- Confident decision-making ability and high attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organisational and computer skills
- Drive, enthusiasm and initiative
- The ability to work within budgets and to deadlines
- A comprehensive knowledge of relevant legal regulations
- A background in welding, fabrication or heavy engineering desirable; or, we will consider applications from a more recent graduate with practical experience (a year in industry) within a similar manufacturing or engineering environment (salary will alter according to experience).
SALARY AND BENEFITS: c£30-35,000 (negotiable dependent upon experience), quarterly bonuses + pension scheme, life insurance, 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays). Employer of choice with outstanding prospects.
Applications in writing to our retained search consultant. No agencies please. In view of the sometimes overwhelming number of applications received, it may not always be possible for us to respond to each one individually. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days, it should be assumed that on this occasion your application has not been successful.