The post-holder will be accountable for the Quality function, maintaining industry leading Quality systems and standards and ensuring these are applied consistently across the business. A recognised technical expert and key point of contact for customer satisfaction, this is a key role within the business operating independently of other functions but with effective influence and team working.
* Responsible for meeting quality function targets & objectives as defined by the business
* Embed a 'Quality First’ culture across all functions and departments of the business ; facilitate and promote quality processes & procedures, leading by example and educating others
* Key point of contact for all issues related to Quality checks, tests and inspections
* Influence across all departments and functions to ensure adherence to Quality systems and standards; carrying out Quality inspections where required & generating check mechanisms (i.e. checklists)
* Key point of contact for customer complaints; responsible for managing follow-up and resolution in a timely manner
* In consultation with functional managers, implements initiatives to ensure that customer satisfaction is continually improved.
* Designs and promotes process improvements across the entire business in order to eliminate the potential for making and repeating mistakes, progressively eliminates all forms of waste and improves customer satisfaction levels.
* To work with department heads regarding quality plans for new products, product release processes, projects and reviewing continuous improvement of quality plans for mature products.
* Support quality assurance agreements with suppliers
* Encourages innovation and improvement initiatives generated by operational team members and facilitates practical implementation of good ideas.
* Develops and maintains appropriate mechanisms and processes for gathering customer feedback and ensuring effective utilisation of data received.
* Develops and maintains appropriate metrics so that customer satisfaction can be accurately measured and analysed
* Develops and maintains appropriate mechanisms and processes for measuring & reporting Quality related data; ensuring regular reporting of data and effective utilisation of data received.
* Investigate, resolve and report on root cause analysis and corrective actions for quality failures
* Builds relationships and shares knowledge with counterparts in the wider Forbes Marshall group and actively promote integrated ways of working for joint success
* Co-ordinates Quality audits and certification reviews, hosting external and customer visits when required
* Regularly review quality and regulatory requirements and ensure compliance is achieved
* Maintains visibility in all departments and acts as a trusted knowledge source
* Take a lead role in the effective knowledge sharing; joint project deliverables; continuous improvement and ideas generation
Operates independently of other business functions but works collaboratively. Influences functional areas & responsible for defining & upholding Quality systems and standards. The post holder should take a flexible and adaptable approach to work at all times recognising the need to work effectively as part of a small team / company.
Qualifications & Skills
Engineering degree (at HND level or higher) or equivalent experience; in depth knowledge & experience of Electronics Engineering; working knowledge of complex technical issues and associated product range; comprehensive understanding of industry specific Quality standards including ISO; understanding of industry leading manufacturing standards and techniques (i.e. lean six sigma); prior experience working in Quality functions in bespoke manufacturing operations is preferred. Experience implementing Quality processes and procedures with a demonstrable track record of success reducing waste and improving Quality KPIs would be highly desirable; experience of problem solving techniques & methodologies (i.e. 8D/5Y; FMEA) is desirable; auditor qualification is desirable.
Excellent interpersonal skills; high level of technical knowledge and aptitude for communicating technical issues; resilient & persistent with the ability to see tasks through to completion; can work effectively under pressure; good influencing & relationship building skills; good coaching & mentoring skills; excellent time management skills; ability to effectively analyse data & solve problems effectively; good level of diplomacy skill with the ability to be assertive and challenge when required; high levels of accuracy and attention to detail; trustworthy & reliable; innovative & practical; proactive and solutions driven; takes pride in work and is committed to excellence in customer service
The role is full time, permanent and based in Bakewell, Monday - Friday 08:30 - 16:30. Salary band £25 - 35k
We are looking for a dynamic, forward thinking individual with perhaps 2 - 4 years experience in a similar industry, qualified to HNC/D or graduate level.
They should have some exposure to Quality Systems (i.e. ISO) and be passionate about developing a career in Quality function.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills to apply for this role then we want to hear from you.
Samcra Resourcing are an outsourced CV screening company, our clients like to make sure that they are only dealing with relevant applications however please be assured that once you pass the screening process you will be informed of the hiring company and it will be the hiring manager dealing with your application directly