Ranked as the 14th Best CompanyTo Work For by the Sunday Times in 2017, Willmott Dixon is a people focused business that is driven by quality and customer service. To this day we remain family owned and take pride in our core values, which are embodied by each team member. We are now looking to expand our team in Yorkshire and the North East with a dedicated Quality Delivery Manager that will align themselves with our commitment to customer service, quality and our culture.
Reporting to the team leader for Quality Delivery, the successful candidate will drive a "right first-time" culture within the business and supply chain, in order to deliver defect free handovers and delight our clients on every project. For this role we are keen to speak with experienced Site Managers, Quality Inspectors, and Clerk Of Works.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review tender documents and report on quality risks, highlight applicable quality alerts.
- Support work winning by providing written responses on quality development where required.
- Provide support to Design Managers and Designers to ensure projects do not start without possession of the appropriate design.
- Audit Project Quality Plans and ensure that quality delivery feedback generated through the tender period is incorporated into the plan.
- Ensure that Project Quality Plans are in place and signed off in a timely manner.
- Check that the site team have scheduled out the appropriate quality delivery make ready and quality delivery checklists.
- Ensure that document control is being implemented and properly managed.
- Ensure that there is an efficient process in place for managing the clearance of defects in a timely manner such that defect free handovers are achieved.
- Carry out regular site audits across the business to ensure that it is proceeding in accordance with the Quality Plan and Quality delivery process. In particular, check the Plan is being managed in line with the programme of works.
- Defects are being recorded, cleared and signed off within suitable time scales.
- The works are being installed in accordance with the contract requirements.
- The works are suitably protected.
- Carry out regular inspections on all projects across the business in order to assist the team with identifying defects or potential defects.
- Raise awareness and support the creation of a defect free culture.
- Support the project teams in arranging for technical training and quality inspections where appropriate.
- Liaise with and support the Systems Compliance Manager with compliance checks and audits.
- Work with the Customer Care team gathering information on post completion defects for feeding back into the Preconstruction and Operations teams.
- Work with the directors to arrange for a post contract review and ensure all quality related items raised at the review are fed back as above.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc) or equivalent
- Appropriate and current CSCS card and SMSTS certificate.
- Ability to accurately read construction programmes, drawings and technical specifications
- Use of Microsoft programmes; ie Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- In-depth experience and high-level knowledge of quality.
- Detailed understanding of all construction packages and methods of installation.
- Ability to research all methods and products, to ensure work is being carried out correctly.
- Appreciation of Supply Chain Partners and Suppliers and their influence upon the quality of the end product.
- Relevant Degree desirable but not essential
- Working towards MCIOB
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 14th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.