Quality Control Inspector
Shoreham West Sussex
£16500 to £18500
FT, Mon-Fri, hours 7.30-4.30 hours 1/2 lunch
Hunters’ client is a growth mode electronics company requiring a Quality Control Inspector with experience in a similar role to ensure that the product produced by the company meets the Quality standards specified by their customers, IPC standards and other applicable standards of good workmanship.
- Prioritise the Quality Control tasks according to the priority list provided by Planning, ensure work is not unduly delayed by QC tasks.
- Perform first off inspection of ALL jobs to be assembled (including outwork).
- Determine the sample size for inspection based on history, complexity, batch size etc.
- Perform Test and Inspection of products using the sample size determined above.
- Ensure the completion of job cards and other documentation used to validate product and processes.
- Complete and submit First Article Inspection documentation as required by Customers.
- Liaise with other departments to feedback quality issues and seek opportunities for improvement
- Ensure that the inspection of program and set up of the SMT Pick and Place machine prior to production run occurs
- Ensure incoming goods (Goods In) are in conformance with the purchasing requirements by ensuring Technical Inspections are performed as required.
- Ensure ESD procedures are implemented within the Test and Inspection area where applicable.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Internal Customer Satisfaction
- External Customer satisfaction
- Successful audit of inspection & test records.
Essential knowledge / Skills
- A thorough knowledge of Inspection of cables and electronic assemblies.
- Experience of functional testing of electronic assemblies.
- Able to read and understand and interpret technical drawings
- Good organisational ability
- Good communication skills
- Computer Literacy - Competence with Microsoft Office Package, ability to use MRP and e-mails.
- Desirable knowledge/skills:
- IPC certification
- Familiarity with ISO 9001