To ensure that the product produced by the business meets the Quality standards specified by our customers, IPC standards and other applicable standards of good workmanship.
Prioritise the Quality Control tasks according to the priority list provided by Planning.
- Perform first off inspection of ALL jobs to be assembled at the company (including outwork).
- Determine the sample size for inspection based on history, complexity, batch size etc.
- Perform Test and Inspection of products using the sample size determined above.
- Ensure the completion of job cards and other documentation used to validate product and processes.
- Complete and submit First Article Inspection documentation as required by Customers.
- Liaise with other departments to feedback quality issues and seek opportunities for improvement
- Ensure that the inspection of program and set up of the SMT Pick and Place machine prior to production run occurs
- Ensure incoming goods (Goods In) are in conformance with the purchasing requirements by ensuring Technical Inspections are performed as required.
- Ensure ESD procedures are implemented within the Test and Inspection area where applicable.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Internal Customer Satisfaction
- External Customer satisfaction
- Successful audit of inspection & test records.
- Engineering department.
- Production department
- External customers
Essential knowledge / Skills
A thorough knowledge of Inspection of cables and electronic assemblies.
Experience of functional testing of electronic assemblies.
Able to read and understand and interpret technical drawings
Good organisational ability,
Good communication skills
Computer Literacy – Competence with Microsoft Office Package, ability to use MRP and e-mails.
Familiarity with ISO 9001
At least 3 years in a similar role