Based Midlands or South with regular UK travel and to head office in the South East
Good salary plus high quality company car, bonus and benefits package
My client is well established and highly respected waste and recycling organisation. Using an outsourced model they ensure that waste streams are efficiently and effectively collected and treated, They use the very best and most appropriate partners to design and deliver a service for their customers that maximises waste resources, reduces environmental impact and also reduces costs.
It is a complex and interesting operation, highly regulated and with great environmental responsibility. The Quality and Compliance Manager role is therefore a vital part of the operation. The role will ensure that the business and their customers are adhering to all the relevant regulations and achieving the best possible outcomes.
The role holder will:
- Prepare an annual internal audit plan for the CEO to assist with the continuous improvement of the processes and procedures of the business.
- Maintain current international standard accreditations, currently ISO9001 and ISO14001, including preparation for and dealing with all relevant external auditors.
- In association with the Commercial Director an external sub-contractor audit timetable will be prepared. A minimum of 25 external audits are to be included in the timetable per quarter.
- The external sub-contractor audits shall be conducted at selected sub-contractor facilities across the UK and are to be focused on key areas that are applicable to the business activity at any one point in time.
- Preparation of all necessary quality documentation and reports by collecting, analysing and summarising information and trends including failed processes and complaints.
- Implement and maintain systems to measure performance against established standards.
- Monitor changes to any standards or legislation that affect the business and communicate with the individually affected department heads to ensure continued compliance by the business whilst also ensuring integration with the overall internal quality management system.
If you have experience in the waste industry that is a bonus, however, more important is your ability to use your skills to understand the complexity of the business and to drive for continuous improvement.
This appointment will add value to the business at a really exciting time for the business. We hope that you feel you have the skill set and drive to help us realise that potential, with personal results comes the opportunity to enjoy a career with fast moving, dynamic organisation that is always striving to improve and to develop our people.
Please apply by using the "Apply" button and let’s find out if there is a match!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'