My client in the Cwmbran are now looking for a skilled Quality & Compliance Engineer to join their team. The Quality & Compliance Engineer will report directly to the Engineering Manager and also have some experience with testing in an electronics environment.
As well as demonstrating technical excellence, you will be a resourceful, enthusiastic individual that tackles challenges head-on and is able to work effectively both independently and in tandem with other members of the team. You will demonstrate individual initiative and innovation, good attention to detail and a drive to do what is needed to deliver results.
- As the Quality & Compliance Engineer your key tasks will include (but not be limited to):-
- Support and assist Development & System Engineer(s) to drive overall product safety accountability within and across engineering teams
- Interface with certification suppliers, competent bodies, & test labs as needed and drive all product safety/EMC testing requirements.
- Insure compliance to all appropriate safety regulations and standards.
- Integrate into engineering teams.
- Conduct product safety analysis from circuit level schematics/wiring diagrams to system level Test Equipment. Draw conclusions from analysis and make formal component to sub-assembly level safety recommendations to engineering teams.
- Ability to support and maintain current requirements by performing testing and revising and maintaining Technical Construction Files (TCF).
- The successful candidate for the position should have some of the following skills:-
- Eng in Electrical/electronic Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a fast paced, accountable team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage competing demands and priorities.
- Attention to detail is essential
- Hands-on approach to all tasks
- Experience: working with engineers on designing for Product Safety.
- Hands on testing and working with outside Labs to gain desired test results.
- Results oriented and proven ability to work with all engineering disciplines and marketing/sales to drive Product Safety needs to closure.
- Basic understanding of ESD and EMC performance at the sub-assembly and system level a plus.
- Must have strong knowledge of Domestic and International Electrical Safety Standards/Regulations and Must possess an ability to summarize actions and learnings into an output for updating recommended practices related to Product Safety compliance.
- Understanding of the role of an engineering support group and the accountability to drive issues and resolve problems.
- Strong basic computer and lab equipment skills to allow for generation and maintenance of safety / EMC testing procedures and safety / EMC reports using word and excel.
- Experience with thermal data collection programs a plus.
- Working knowledge of Orcad file readers to support printed circuit board Safety/EMC layout reviews
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job