We currently have an exciting opening for an experienced Quality Assurance Tester/ QA Tester to join our Process Support Team based at our Service Centre in Huncoat. The successful candidate will work 37.5 hrs per week (Monday-Friday, 9-5pm) and will be rewarded with £19,000- £25,000 per annum depending on experience, plus benefits.
Steinhoff UK Retail, owners of Harvey’s and Bensons for Beds employs over 3000 passionate and dedicated staff and trade from over 400 retail stores across the UK. As our Quality Assurance Tester/ QA Tester , you will report to the Process Support Manager and will support the business in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and create e-Learning modules to support training and rollout of projects.
We are open to candidates that have experience as a UAT Specialist, UAT Support Specialist, Software Tester, System tester, QA Tester, Testing Technician or Testing Analyst.
The successful Quality Assurance Tester/ QA Tester will also provide user support in the use and operation of all IT systems, provide guidance and support on processes and procedures, handle incoming calls and manage the support tickets. This role involves more than administration skills.
Our Quality Assurance Tester/ QA Tester will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting Business Change Requests for UAT
- Support in the production of a UAT test plan for each change
- Production of test scripts and supporting the execution of the test scripts
- Gathering of UAT results and reporting to senior management
- Collating, logging and reporting of UAT failures
- Ensuring all applicable testing is signed off as appropriate prior to the change implementation
- Respond to requests for assistance and support in person, via the phone or electronically.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Redirect support requests to correct department where applicable
- Inform management of reoccurring queries, issues and problems
- Support the senior management team in creating an inspiring team environment with open communication
- Keep up to date with organisation changes and business developments
- Support project rollout including early life support and BAU
- Support line manager in the delivery of projects
- Become an expert in all business systems and business procedures and processes
- Development and maintenance of e-Learning modules
These key responsibilities and accountabilities must be carried out in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and due respect for all employees and service users and is consistent with the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
The ideal Quality Assurance Tester/ QA Tester will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications
- Uses initiative when prioritising workload as directly responsible for tasks given.
- Stays focused and meets deadlines with enthusiasm
- Flexible and adaptable
- Be able to demonstrate business judgment
- A strong team player who can work with a diverse team in a dynamic environment.
- A positive, can do approach and quest for continual improvement.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback with the aim to improve performance
- Open, honest communication with colleagues.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Maintains enthusiasm and perseverance towards meeting deadlines and achieving goals.
The post may involve travel from time to time to attend meetings and training. You may be required to work outside of contracted hours dependent on business needs.
If you think you have what it takes to be our new Quality Assurance Tester/ QA Tester, then apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job