Role: Quality Assurance Technologist
Contract type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Working hours: Full time, standard days
Reports to: Site Quality Leader
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000
Main duties and responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
* To ensure adherence to customers specifications, specific customer requirements and QAS, and investigate customer complaints if required
* Ensure operational compliance with all relevant Halal, Kosher, Organic procedures, relevant to site.
* Auditing of process sheets, and preparation for all customer and 3rd party audits.
* Conduct good manufacturing practice audits, Glass Audits, Internal Audits.
* Microbiological analysis e.g. water, samples, environmental, shelf life
* Chemical testing to ensure ingredients meet written specifications
* Verify compliance to QA programs such as SSOP's, HACCP, GMP's, Specification Verification, Chemical Testing, Allergen Control, Traceability, Packaging, etc.
* Management of non-conformances and implementation of corrective action.
Key Skills and Qualifications
* Proven background in relevant quality role, 3 or more years experience desirable
* Thorough understanding of quality standards - HACCP, GMP etc
* Experience of conducting audits, and leading external audits
* Strict attention to detail
* Microbiology and chemistry skills relevant to quality assurance
* Calibration of measuring equipment
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.