Our client a leading Manufacturing facility in the outskirts of Swansea is looking to appoint a Quality Assurance Operative to their factory workforce. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast developing and expanding market leading organisation.
Duties will include but, not limited to;
- Reporting directly to the Quality Manager, working in a small team with responsibility for the quality and trace ability of finished products, process safety and environmental issues.
- The ongoing development of quality improvement activities within manufacturing processes
- Training and development of production personnel in quality issues through procedures and tool-box-talks
- Training and monitoring of production personnel with the documentation associated with product manufacture and trace ability
- Development of workplace procedures and tool-box-talks focusing on Quality
- Understand and support the implementation Health and Safety standards taking into account Company standards and UK legislation
- Support the production team to develop product and process understanding
- Provides ongoing feedback on quality and safety improvements through detailed reports
- Ongoing analysis of the process to identify areas for improvement
- Understands how to organise and plan specific customer orders through to the shop floor
- Undertakes detailed analysis of machine performance, capability and variability of product conformance against the relevant British Standards
- Management and improvement of existing record systems i.e. Quality, Safety, Equipment performance etc.
- Experience in a similar role required with a possible background in engineering, Manufacturing or quality
- Relevant experience gained within a manufacturing environment
- Possible degree in mechanical engineering a strong advantage
- High level communication skills both verbal and written
- High level of computer literacy with particular emphasis on Windows packages
- The successful candidate will work mornings/day shifts for the first 2-3 weeks , between 7am-4.30, 39 hours per week then moving to an alternating day/night shift pattern days 6am-4pm, nights 6pm-4am, shift allowance will be paid
- Salary £8.65 per hour
- Good team player and can work under own initiative
- Full training to be provided, although QA experience desire.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established growing organisation.