Are you an experienced Quality Control or Quality Assurance professional looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Quality Assurance Operative for our Crayford team in Dartford, working 50 hours a week.
In return for your hard work as our Quality Assurance Operative, we can offer a salary of £26,500 per annum plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
The ideal Quality Assurance Operative:
- Must have previous experience with loading containers and quality inspection
- Good knowledge of recyclate materials and grades.
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety regulation and safe systems of work.
- Good knowledge of compliance requirements regarding loading containers
Quality Assurance Operative Responsibilities include:
- Supervise the loading of containers and ensure the bales loaded are of acceptable quality.
- Ensure that photographs and measurements are done when required to an acceptable standard
- Ensure quality is maintained whilst bales are being loaded on containers.
- Inspect bales on containers and ensure necessary photographs, moisture and radiation monitoring is done where necessary.
- Liaise with weighbridge staff to ensure containers are loaded promptly with correct material and the loading does not go over time (3hours)
- Ensure that the `material quality checking plan` is followed at all times.
- Ensure compliance and quality standards are maintained
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Quality Assurance Operative.
Closing Date: 26th March 2018
- Quality Assuring