Quality Assurance Officer - Quality Assurance Team
£20,000 to £24,000 per annum
Full Time, 37 hours per week
Have you got experience of or interest in a Social Care setting? Are you passionate for making a difference, enthusiastic and self-motivated to see exciting possibilities for the future?
An exciting new role has become available in the Adult Social Care (ASC) function within Essex County Council (ECC).
ECC Adult Social Care is moving forward towards transformational shift from a focus on long-term care support, to a model with four key principles of prevention; early intervention; enablement and safeguarding.
Quality Assurance (QA) Officers will be working to support embedding quality practice across the function. The role will include working with practice leads and team manager to provide programme support. This will be a range of support including development of tools / guidance and maintenance of the main information hub for Adult Social Care staff the practice library. Successful candidates will have a strong link to one of the four operational quadrants where they will liaise with frontline staff to support a solid understanding of quality assurance activities. The role will involve developing tracking systems and supporting the delivery of our new audits across Adult Social Care. Elements of business continuity, health and safety and emergency planning will also form part of the role.
The Quality Assurance Officers will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development of the quality assurance function, to embed quality practice aligned to the ASC QA Framework
Delivering audit service plans, collating key data and information which support and inform management reporting
The maintenance of all audit reports, maintaining an overview of analysis findings, key themes and completion
Supporting the review of audited cases, implementing a tracking system which identifies outstanding actions and monitors progress of improvement plans. Highlighting any issues identified
Supporting the dissemination of audit findings by developing and delivering best practice workshops
Co-ordinating the multi-agency case audit process and review meetings
Being accountable for working within the statutory legal framework, policy and guidance in line with legislative and organisational standards within the Care Act 2015
Working collaboratively with partners to develop the quality assurance framework, including undertaking research
Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework
The team is based in a modern, friendly and pleasant office in Chelmsford, which is in the centre of Essex with mainline rail links to London thus travel, is easy.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience within a social care setting, an NVQ/BTEC Level 3 or equivalent is desirable
- Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge of relevant professional area
- Experience within a social care setting, with knowledge of quality assurance
- Experience of using data and information to develop, implement and improve systems and processes
- Proven track record of reviewing and analysing statistical data to identify themes and trends, translating this into management information which informs decision making
- Developing good working relationships with partners and stakeholders which support the delivery of local objectives
- The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the county of Essex. Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- <UL><LI><DIV>Experience within a social care setting
- an NVQ/BTEC Level 3 or equivalent is desirable</DIV></LI><LI><DIV>Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge of relevant profession