Imperial Recruitment Group are delighted to have partnered with Thyssenkrupp Access to recruit a new Quality Assurance Manager.
Who are Thyssenkrupp Access?
Part of Thyssenkrupp AG which is a technology group with traditional strengths and values in materials across a range of different verticals. Over 160,000 employees in 78 countries with a global turnover of over €35 billion! A company that has a passion and technological know-how to develop high-quality products and intelligent industrial processes and services for sustainable progress.
Thyssenkrupp Access is an exciting subsidiary of the global conglomerate and is a reseller and global service provider of stair, platform and home lifts. With offices across Europe the Middle East and Far East. A successful business that has a cross-functional supply model into both private and public sector clients direct and through resellers.
What is the purpose of the role?
To support the measurable improvement of Thyssenkrupp Access’ operational performance and optimise the delivery in all aspects of product quality and excellent customer service. To work on quality improvement projects that support a quality framework across the business to ensure quality assurance and the integration of contract compliance with quality assurance measures in partnership with Operations Management.
To shape the effective future development and integration of quality assurance within Thyssenkrupp Access order to develop a system of shared learning across the organisation, in line with the strategic plan. Play a pivotal role in both developing and embedding an 'integrated’ holistic and customer focused delivery model approach across the operational function to maximise customer choice and support.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager - Thyssenkrupp Access
Location: Stockton-on-Tees (Office-based but may involve travel to other sites)
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Employment Opportunity: Permanent
- Ensure that quality is at the forefront of service provision and that the services delivered across the business adhere to internal and external quality/registration/certification standards and the co-ordination of appropriate responses to repair / warranty deficiencies identified.
- Actively promote a culture of innovation and continuous improvement throughout the business where shared learning opportunities are optimised, and national/international best practice is embedded at the earliest opportunity. This will be done through close working with colleagues across the business.
- Review, establish and implement measurable performance enhancing strategies that evidence a customer focused and holistic, high quality, progressive and added value 'driven’ approach to provision in order to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Instruct and mentor operational teams on various quality and improvement projects to include the development of written guidance and 'standard operating procedures’ in order to ensure internal ownership, quality improvement and a system of shared learning across the business in line with the strategic business plan.
- Construct and compile key performance indicators relating to the strategic and operational responsibilities of the business to include:
- The accurate and effective recording of all findings and potential risks to contracts, ensuring a robust escalation process to the Head of Operations.
- Managing and maintaining all relevant supporting documentation and evidence from each timetabled Q&A visit and producing a final compliance report including recommendations for improvement and the sharing and promotion of best practice. In order to ensure consistent and accurate reporting of safeguarding issues, complaints and compliments and evolving metrics.
- Organise and chair (where required) forums, focus and quality & assurance groups designed to support internal staff and dealers to include the dissemination and supporting of best practice, and facilitate good communication across the organisation in order to deliver staff awareness and education of the quality agenda in line with the priorities of the business in promoting continuous improvement and staff ability to deliver quality services.
- Manage and maintain the Integrated Management System (IMS) in accordance with both business requirements and the relevant standards
- Full responsibility for the ISO9001 accreditation, ensuring business compliance with the standards at all times
- Manage, coach and lead the warranty controller ensuring accurate and timely processing of all warranty claims to manufacture guidelines, minimising company exposure to warranty write offs and debits.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties requested by the Head of Operations.
- Demonstrable experience as a Quality Assurance Manager or relevant role
- Demonstrable experience of practical application of process improvement or operational management
- Demonstrable experience of non-conformance processes & procedures
- Knowledge and experience of methodologies of quality assurance, standards and Lean concepts
- Demonstrable experience of working in a customer facing role and delivering excellent standards of service
- Demonstrable experience of meeting challenging deadlines
- Business Studies or relevant Degree Qualification
- Certification of quality control is a strong advantage (ISO 9000 etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to use judgement, problem solving skills and initiative to provide information and support and to recognise where issues may need to be referred onwards to be addressed by the HSE Manager or Head of Operations
- Strong ability to use initiative and self-prioritise workload
- The ability to use Microsoft Office at a good level including running reports
For more information on this opportunity or for a confidential conversation please call Dan Pilkington at Imperial Recruitment Group at our HQ in Darlington.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'