We are currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Manager (QA Manager) to join our team based in Hereford.
We are a leading supplier of chicken, turkey and duck products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people.
The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality, affordable product and delivering great service levels to our customers. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
As our QA Mnager, you will take responsibility for ensuring that all products manufactured within the Retail & Rotisserie departments conform to legal & customer requirements and adhere to the quality specifications. The QA Manager will also drive the continuous improvement of site standards and product quality as well as motivate & lead the Quality Assurance team.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Direct responsibility for the Quality Assurance Team Leaders & supporting QAs: Provide support & prioritise workload to ensure best use of time
- Through the Quality Assurance team ensure the safety and quality of the products and processes in the factory, from receipts of raw material to finished product, maintaining traceability at all times.
- Monitor trends from data gathered: Complaints, Microbiological, Production due diligence records, Product evaluations, GMP, NC.
- Devise and implement efficient audit systems for the QA team to monitor standards
- Lead HACCP studies relevant to the departments responsible
- Prepare product and packaging specifications and agree these with the Technical Manager
- Ensure that the Quality Assurance team are aware of and trained in all aspects of their job and the environment to ensure that they are safe and consistent in their work
- As required, recommend to the Technical Manager the introduction of and justification for revised quality systems throughout the factory to reduce/eliminate non-conformances, and reflect changes in legislation, customers, suppliers, processes, etc; with agreement from Technical Manager and Factory Manager
To be successful in this role, you will ideally hold a Degree in a scientific discipline, preferably food technology/science or microbiology/bacteriology. You will be a natural leader with stong people management and communication skills, with proven expierence in quality assurance, hygiene control, and auditing within a food production (ideally fresh food) environment.
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. You will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities. You can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
- Discounted Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
The Company is committed to being an equal opportunities employer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job