Quality Assurance Manager
Market leading business within the food & drink sector operating from state-of-the-art facilities. Having enjoyed considerable growth both in terms of revenue and reputation over recent years they are looking to recruit an experienced QA professional to join their technical team. This is an excellent career development opportunity for a high calibre individual with extensive experience of quality assurance within food/drink production lines across a range of products. This business has a strong track record in investing in technology, sustainability, innovation and staff training.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure consistent audit readiness by embedding a quality culture in the Technical & Operational teams
- Assist in implementing proactive decisions & implementing corrective actions where required.
- Provide assistance with third party accreditations (BRC & customer/retail audits)
- Working with the QA Supervisor and Ops Team to lead customer complaint trending analysis & pro-actively ensure trends are escalated & appropriate actions implemented.
- Carry out routine factory standard audits & work with the Ops teams to improve
- Motivate and lead the QA Supervisor/QA team
- Influence other departments to support changes to improve standards/quality
- Implement systems, training, procedures & work instructions within the Technical team
- Responsible for Technical staff training across the sites ensuring all staff are aware of changes, processes, procedures & developments
- Deputise for Technical Manager as and when required
- Fully support the implementation of the Quality Management System.
- Be an active member of the site HACCP teams, reviewing and auditing the system.
- Assist the company internal audit team, auditing the sites against BRC and customer standards
- Complete & update technical specifications as required
- Assist the Technical Manager with customer visits and audits.
- Degree and/or relevant Quality Manager/Supervisory experience
- Experience in Food Safety and Quality Systems such as HACCP, Auditing, QMS.
- Understanding and experience of BRC and Retail customer standards.
- People management and development experience.
- Basic microbiology and hygiene knowledge and understanding.
- Professional and leads by example
- Good interpersonal skills
- HACCP accredited and Food Safety (Level 3)
- Good computer and software knowledge.
- 32 holiday including bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Private medical cover
- Bonus scheme
- Food Manufacturing
- Internal Audit
- Quality Assurance
- Technical Team
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"