You have the chance to join a growing company with an extensive range of consumer products. As the Quality Assurance Manager you will be part of the senior management team and be responsible for leading a multifaceted team in driving quality initiatives.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Manager to assume a broader role and manage a cross function quality team in ensuring consistency throughout the manufacturing, supply chain and distribution network. This is a well-established but highly entrepreneurial business who are looking to continuously improve and you could be a big part of their continued development.
As the Quality Assurance Manager you will be leading teams across two sites in order to ensure the consistent quality standards and continue to meet customer expectations. This an autonomous role, based from Bedfordshire, where you will be given the remit to drive strategic changes.
- Working with suppliers and independent test companies to ensure all products are compliant to the relevant legislation
- Conduct supplier audits to provide evidence of compliance and conformity
- Work closely with far east suppliers and factories ensuring quality standards are met and maintained; devise and establishing quality procedures, standards and specifications control and maintain electrical conformity & fire safety
- Provide technical guidance and support to key departments
- Overview and control dispatch quality inspections; reviewing customer requirements and making sure they are met
- Working with buying team to establish quality requirements from external suppliers; setting standards for quality as well as health and safety
- Support and provide technical information for product knowledge and standards training; making sure that manufacturing or production processes meet required standards
- Looking at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency
- Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff; setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
- Making suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them
- Making sure the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with competitors
INFREQUENT INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL WILL BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS ROLE.
A Quality professional with prior experience in an end to end quality role (supplier, manufacturing and distribution). The successful applicant will have the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Proven experience of working closely with suppliers
- Experience with consumer products or engineering background in a similar role
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally as an individual and as part of a small team
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage a team and prioritise a varied workload
- Able to work autonomously and with minimal supervision
Circa £45,000 - £50,000 + Additional Benefits
- Quality Assurance
- Supplier Development