Our client are a large independent dairy business seeking a technical professsional to join their team at the Company's head office / processing facility in London.
The role, reporting to the Head of Technical, will involve ensuring that all Company and statutory requirements are complied with, to assure that products consistently meet the quality specification required.
- To ensure that all planned and systematic actions are taken to assure the safety and quality of all products produced on site.
- Review of QA results and implementing effective preventative procedures and corrective actions to ensure Company, legal and customer standards are consistently achieved.
- Overvsight of quality services function with responsibility for maintenance of site accreditations, training and site hygiene.
- Lead customer and accreditation audits.
- Maintenance and audit of the Company Quality Management System.
- Maintenance of site pest control management.
- To monitor standards of factory hygiene and procedures ensuring that company, customer and legal standards are consistently achieved.
- To monitor the performance of the QA & QC team and ensure that all agreed performance targets are met.
- To investigate out of specification results and liaise with management to identify and resolve cause.
- To ensure that all incoming materials adhere to product specifications.
- Daily contact with the engineering department with regard to quality, maintenance and problems encountered during production.
Desirable skills / experience:
- Ideally, 1-2 years’ experience in a managing Food Quality Control role and 1 years’ experience in leading BRC audits.
- Man-management - high degree of skills necessary to cope with staff problems.
- Technical skills - a thorough knowledge of product processing, services operations and testing techniques/procedures is essential.
- Initiative-must be able to "trouble shoot", act upon test results and set up and control documented systems (HACCP, BRC, cleaning schedules, etc.)
- Food Manufacturing
- Food Safety