Quality Assurance Laboratory Operative, £22,000 per annum.
4 on / 4 off rotating, Day / Night shift - Rotating
Expanding Manufacturing Company on the outskirts of Thetford
- Recognize and report any food safety issues
- To sample or collect raw materials, semi-finished and finished products in accordance with the sample plans.
- To collect, organise, identify and store samples both before, during and after testing under suitable conditions so as to avoid any unintentional deterioration and in such a way as to ensure their rapid and efficient retrieval
- To perform a variety of physical, chemical and organoleptic tests, as directed by Quality Assurance Manager, on raw materials, in process samples and finished products.
- To perform these tests in accordance with the documented methods and procedures in an accurate and reproducible manner.
- To be aware of the values expected for the test values and thereby notify the Quality Assurance Manager of all test results that fall outside of the specification limits.
- Hold non-conforming materials following the NCR procedure.
- Prepare the necessary documentation required for sample submissions to third party labs.
- To monitor, calibrate, maintain and clean the laboratory equipment to ensure its correct performance.
- Perform shop floor product quality verification checks.
- To support teams in the root cause analysis and problem solving of quality problems.
- Previous experience within similar role, Quality control or Quality assurance
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Good team working skills
- Analytical skills
- Time management
This is a great opportunity to join an expanding, successful business based in Thetford as an administrator in this varied role.
If you would like to apply for this role, email your current up to date CV to with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, Ensuring that your CV includes examples of the above as applicable