Quality Assurance Inspectors
Location; Barking & Dagenham
Temp to Perm
£32-35k per annum (Temp-Perm)
Monday to Friday 40 hours
Working for a local authority we are looking for Quality Assurance Inspectors to join the team. The Quality Assurance Inspectors will be responsible for the development, implementation and auditing of quality assurance framework.
- To provide audit and post inspection services to the managers of operational delivery and the management team within the Repairs and Maintenance service.
- Undertake day-to-day site monitoring and inspections ensuring that the works of the DLO, contractors and sub-contractors comply with the agreed quality targets of safe working.
- Working closely with managers and staff, you will evaluate existing procedures and systems, including monitoring and evaluation and where appropriate identify, make recommendations on and implement improvements.
- Adopt the principles of quality assurance to enhance service provision through the reduction in errors and reworking.
- Undertake full or partial surveys and record findings in format agreed
- To participate in risk and value management exercises as appropriate
- To develop collaborative relationships with other team members, including external consultants and contractors, to ensure that quality issues are kept at the forefront of all discussions and required outcomes are met through the construction stage.
- To keep such records and prepare such reports as required by the Group Managers
- To provide expert guidance and instruction on all post inspection related matters ensuring operatives and other employees work safely
- Undertake the presentation of reports on post inspection to managers to increase awareness of current or future legislation requirements.
- Continuously monitor work on site in accordance with the Construction Health and Safety Plan and Main Contractor's and any key sub-contractor's method statements, to ensure the safety of all persons, including yourself and all council staff.
- Undertake assigned projects, ensuring that agreed outcomes are delivered on time, within budget and to the expected standard.
Experience of working within a DLO or contractor environment
Assessing cost schedules of work relating to building related activities
Full, clean and valid driving licence.
HNC (or equivalent) in Building desirable
Project management skills and knowledge
Contract Management, monitoring performance of contractors and producing reports
Construction trade background desirable
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job