Are you experienced in quality control in a manufacturing or distibution environment? Do you look for ways to increase quality and reduce defects in processes? Do you have great attention to detail and initiaitve?
If so, we may have just the job for you!
We are looking for an experienced quality control inspector to work in a distribution facility that packs and dispatches medical devices. This facility is operated by a world leader in health technology and therefore, they work to exacting targets and industry regulations.
The responsibilities within the role are as follows:
- Be responsible for the final inspection and release procedures to support postponement activities at RIEW and any devices processed through return to stock.
- Review and understand device history records (via SAP or paper).
- Read Bill of Materials to identify product components in order to properly follow specifications and procedures.
- Assist production personnel with resolving device history record (DHR) and inspection issues.
- Help QA and Operations personnel identify, quarantine, and segregate defective and suspect product and materials using the Non- Conforming procedures, quality notification (QN) process in SAP, etc.
- Ensure DHR, test / inspection records, and other applicable documents are complete, accurate and comply with the final release procedures.
- Assist with the processing of nonconforming material, when needed.
The behaviours and characteristics required include:
- Ability to read and understands inspection and final release procedures, required.
- Ability to recognize problems and feedback defective information to all levels of production, quality, and engineering personnel, required.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing or related environment, required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading, math, written skills, and manual dexterity, required.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, required.
- Previous inspection and final release experience, preferred.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks
- Team-oriented mindset and the ability to effectively and successfully collaborate with customers, assocaites, peers, support personnel and leadership.
- Driving results - takes personal accountability for delivering results.
- Innovation and change - while ensuring quality, look for ways to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of the organisation's systems, processes and tools. Eliminate bureaucracy. Be flexible to change what is not working well.
- Be proactive and communicate openly with management.