A Quality Assurance Engineer job opportunity has just become available, within one of those most Advanced Manufacturing business in the UK. Located in the Burnley area, this company is growing at a fast pace and they're offering a very competitive starting salary of £40,000 (negotiable), for a switched on engineering professional.
Purpose of the Quality Assurance Engineer role -
- To ensure that all products meet the quality standards required by the customer and the business.
- To be responsible for identifying/raising quality issues, ensuring a prompt solution to the customer.
- To ensure that all engineering/production activities are co-ordinated/controlled and all continuous improvement processes are driven and communicated correctly.
Quality Assurance Engineer Responsibilities include -
- Support the management of any quality-related issues, within the manufacturing team, coordinating and instructing the quality inspection team as/when required.
- Ensure Quality Management systems are adhered to.
- Stop production, in the event of manufacture of unacceptable goods-processes.
- Conduct product/process audits, ensuring that all quality and in process checks are implemented as planned.
- Undertake all quality engineering activities for new product using Quality tools such as - APQP, PPAP or FAI process.
- Monitor and report on quality-related key performance indicators, including scrap monitoring > rework levels > parts per million (PPM) figures
- Drive continuous improvement for product quality issues, by using root cause analyse and implementing corrective actions.
- Undertake/organise planned maintenance of any measurement equipment, ensuring these are registered calibrated and maintained.
- Liaise/effectively communicate with internal and external colleagues, to resolve any quality issues.
- Undertake/Conduct training in Lean methodologies and use tools for continuous improvement activities.
- Take an active role, with regards to meetings and problem solving activities, such as- Quality concerns , Production performance, Breakdowns and Interventions ,Manning/resource and Production none conformity's.
- Liaise and communicate with other departments on site, as well as customers and suppliers.
- Support of regular inspection meetings with the department staff, to establish an action plan for improving build quality.
- Train/Support less experienced engineers as/when required.
- Ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations / Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures on site.
Quality Assurance Engineer Desirable Skills/Experience/Attributes -
- Experience in similar position, within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 / IATF 16949 / ISO/TS 16949
- Experience assisting with auditing.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills - able to communicate well with both internal teams and external suppliers/customers.
- Ability to lead and motivate.
- Use of Quality tools such as APQP, PPAP and/or FAI process.
- Able to develop and implement new ways of doing things, whilst inspiring/encouraging and supporting others to think/act in a better way.
- Takes accountability to focus on the requirements of the customer.
- Appropriate methods for a variety of situations.
- Strong understanding of Quality Assurance standards & Process improvement techniques.
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering education.
Quality Assurance Engineer position benefits -
- Competitive salary package of £40,000 (negotiable).
- Friendly working environment.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Pension scheme.
- The chance to work for a well-regarded and ever growing business.
If interested in this position, please apply through this advert immediately.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.