Quality Assurance Engineer
Our client based in Portsmouth requires and experienced QA Engineer.
Purpose of the role
You will be required to. The purpose of this role is to support the QA Manager and assist in the company`s transition and accreditation to BS EN ISO 9001:2015 and 14001:2015 standards, maintaining company procedures and literature. This role will involve interaction with customers & external inspectors as well as working with departmental Managers.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- To assist in the transition to BS EN ISO 9001:2015 and 14001:2015 standards
- Work with key suppliers to maintain an approved supply chain
- Supply support and assistance with supplier non conformities to ensure timely corrective actions are taken
- To establish and support quality procedures and documentation
- Lead and support internal and supplier audits
- Approve internal specifications
- Establishing and maintaining as required a close liaison with suppliers and client`s inspection departments and Quality Assurance representatives.
- Develop and promote continual improvement
- Develop and monitor supplier quality performance metrics
- To be responsible and maintain the Health and Safety and Environmental aspects of all work undertaken, following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Carrying out any other ad-hoc duties as required to support the needs of the business.
- Working and/or visiting various sites, as required, for short periods, which may involve absence from home.
- Maintaining a continuous professional development to ensure knowledge is up to date.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Degree or equivalent (HNC/HND) in Aerospace, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing or other related field
- A minimum of 2 years` experience working in an Engineering or Quality Engineering role.
- Knowledge and application of ISO 9001 & 14001 standards
- Familiar with problem solving techniques (5Y, 8D, Ishikawa etc.)
- Knowledge and application of AQAP and quality Defence Standards
- Knowledge and application of OHSAS 18001 standard
- Able to compose reports for management review
- Quality auditing qualification
- Able to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Confident user of Microsoft office, able to manipulate and analyse data within excel to intermediate standard
- Knowledge and application of ISO 9001, 14001:2015 standards
- Minimum of 5 years` experience working in an Engineering or Quality Engineering role within a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of lean principles
- Six Sigma trained
- Experience working in a Defence environment
Role travel requirements
- Travel to suppliers
- Some travel to other group offices in the UK may occasionally be required.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK
- Candidates must have passed UK security clearance to Security Check level or be able to obtain this level. To gain SC clearance you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years.
- Candidates must be able to obtain a basic security check which will normally require you to have been resident in the UK for at least 3 years.
- Previous relevant experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job