I am now working with a Automotive business based in Doncaster who are looking to recruit a Quality Assurance Engineer to review and co-ordinate customer concerns and complaints in accordance with customer requirements. Maintain stock and manage the containment within customer stock levels. This is a great position within a long established Automotive business.
Based in Doncaster my client work within the Automotive sector and develop, produce and market a wide range of metal related services. The company also offer technical development, material and production know-how, which means they can take full responsibility for all products with a common goal with our customers to lower cost.
Reporting into the Quality Manager as the Quality Assurance Engineer you will be based in the Doncaster plant and will review and co-ordinate customer concerns and complaints in accordance with customer requirements. You will also Maintain stock and manage the containment within customer stock levels.
- Control of non-conforming product & service - Raising and tracking of concerns on factories and also sub-suppliers. Could include element of travel (customer / supplier visits)
- Corrective & Preventive actions - Raising and issuing of 8D reports or similar dependent on customer requirements
- Internal Quality Audits - Review process / procedures in line with TS / ISO standards applicable to the customer
- Daily support to the Warehouse
- Pushing back of non-conforming material on factories & sub suppliers
- Raising concerns in cases of poor packaging, mixing of product, incorrect finishes, appearances etc.
- Ability to travel to other Plants and/or Customer and Supplier Locations in UK and Europe as required
- Preparation of PPAP documents and submitting to the customers' requirements, as required
- Receiving PPAP documents from suppliers and ensuring they are of relevant standard, as required
- Carry out PPAP in line with customer requirements, (as required)
- Conduct and self-approve PPAP, in line with customer requirements
- Support of the QMS - As required
- Support of the EMS - As required
- Knowledge of and adherence to Work Instructions relevant to role
- Knowledge of and adherence to ISO 14001 and TS16949
To apply for the Quality Assurance Engineer position based in Doncaster you will have:
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Word etc.
- Team Player, able to work on own initiative when required
- Understand and interpret engineering drawings and specifications, to include ISO/TS requirements
- Problem solving techniques
- Analytical thinking
- Use of logic and reasoning
- Numerate & literate
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Confident team player
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to prioritise work
- Ability to work on own initiative
Salary £28,000 - £38,000