Quality Assurance Engineer/ Tester
Here at Gilmond, we truly are passionate about our products and the Company. It’s an exciting time for us, in the past two years we have seen exceptional growth. We have new offices that truly reflect our brand, vision and culture and we thrive ourselves in our work ethics. We are continuing to expand the business and are currently recruiting talented Software Quality Assurance Engineers to join a brand new team, an integral part of our continuing success.
Are you enthusiastic about quality and passionate about delivering innovative working software?
Our Software QA Testers play a vital role within our agile development studio, working with the other roles in the sprint team to create valuable working software.
You will apply analytical thinking, technical development, problem solving techniques and software automation to produce testable and well validated incremental software solutions to drive quality in our outcomes and pride in our products.
You will work closely with other teams, bringing together investigative analysis and critical thinking. Working within the sprint team, challenging development changes is a key part of the role. You will also contribute to excellent communication within the team, acting as conversation starter rather than barrier or control point for discussion and decision making. We work with other product team members to increase the effectiveness of software testing and its application within the principles of Scrum/Agile in the organisation.
You will need to be:
- Someone who always listens and is always present
- Someone who demonstrates empathy and respect for people’s situation, role, ideas and needs and always has empathy and advocate for the customer, and help the team to have a similar focus
- Someone who encourages simplicity over complexity
- Someone who always allows software craftsmanship to thrive; never that teams should sacrifice the quality of their solutions for a quick win
- Someone who recognises that speed of progress is about choosing the right things, working in small increments of value, embracing feedback/learning and delivering with technical excellence rather than "increasing velocity"
- Someone who looks to understand and improve existing code rather than find reasons to find fault and criticise
You will need to have:
- Experience of testing in agile product led studios
- Excellent analytical and interpretive skills
- Experience of Scrum based planning techniques would be beneficial
- Business Analysis skills desirable
- A drive for excellence over satisfaction
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Tenacity, drive and can-do attitude
- Someone who is highly detail conscious and conscientious
What we offer:
- Exceptional Development Opportunities
- Fantastic working environment in offices in central Bournemouth
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Contribution Plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Free hot and cold drinks
- Fruit bowls replenished daily
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job