This is an opportunity to work for an innovative market leader within the life science sector as a Quality Assurance Advisor.
My client is a leading life science business that delivers world leading research to understand, predict, detect and respond to viral disease outbreaks. They are a world leading research centre of virus diseases of farm animals and viruses that spread from animals to humans. They are seeking a Quality Assurance Advisor that will ensure the QA procedures are followed, maintained and improved to meet the groups requirements.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Advisor will ensure the Institute's quality assurance procedures are followed, maintained and improved to meet the requirements of the groups QMS. Ensuring all the quality issues is up-dated and maintained the successful applicant will support the Head of QA on day to day activities to promote the proper functioning of the groups QMS.
- Maintain, improve and administer Quality Management System.
- Develop, implement and monitor quality plans, objectives, policies and procedures, promoting continuous improvement.
- Assist with the management of QA projects and initiatives, ensuring objectives are met. Assist other business areas with process improvements and implementation.
- Maintain and monitor the quality incidents database. Perform quality investigations ensuring effective corrective actions are implemented. Perform analysis of QMS metrics. Prepare and collate information for QMS reviews.
- Maintain and update the suppliers' database ensuring it is kept up to date and suppliers' performance is assessed by conducting supplier evaluations.
- Conduct internal quality audits, as annual plan, to different international standards and regulations
To be successful in this role you will have the ability to work closely and cooperatively with cross functional teams.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, Degree in life sciences would be desirable
- Practical knowledge of implementation of ISO 9001:2015
- Understanding of good scientific research practice or Joint Code of Practice for Researches
- Practical experience of LIMS is desirable
- Experience in scientific method validations and trend analysis
- In-depth working knowledge of ISO 9001 or ISO 17025
- Experience working experience in a laboratory environment or an engineering environment
- Proven experience of practical skill and successful track record as an internal auditor to ISO 9001 or ISO 17025
- Ability to effectively train others e.g. presentation skills
- Ability to perform effective root cause analysis, formulate and apply simple yet robust corrective actions
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Capacity to travel within UK
- Use of Microsoft packages
On offer is an opportunity to work for an innovative market leader within the life science sector and a base salary between £32,000 - £35,000 DOE + excellent package (pension, 25 days holidays, gym and on-site parking).