Quality and Technical Manager
Hauck Heat Treatment Ltd provides a range of Surface Treatment and Heat Treatment services to the UK engineering industry. Hauck HT is part of the Materials Technology Division of Aalberts Industries NV.
Our team of specialists provide customers with access to extensive experience and excellent expert metallurgical knowledge. In addition to offering a full range of traditional heat treatment processes, Hauck HT also provide special treatments designed to overcome specific problems such as abrasion, corrosion and adhesion.
We have a vacancy for a Quality and Technical Manager to work within our team at our Birmingham plant.
About the Quality and Technical Manager role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is enthusiastic and committed to implementing Quality standards and, with cross functional teams, driving continual improvement projects to support improved business performance. Technical strength is important as we want someone who will be able to manage the technical development of our processes and provide technical support to our customers. This would include materials and specifications advice as well as some of the pricing and quoting.
The successful candidate will ensure the effective management of Quality throughout the plant. You will support contract review, laboratory and site testing resources, including periodic calibrations, in line with the Quality Management Systems, including customer, organisational and operational requirements.
You will have the ability and proven experience to work within the standards of ISO9001.
Key responsibilities of the Quality and Technical Manager:
- In conjunction with the Head of Quality UK and site management team, maintain the site QMS accreditation portfolio to achieve continuous certification by a programme of scheduled audits and effective implementation of countermeasures to address any non-compliance
- Management of Quality functions and duties to support production and customer requirements, including root cause investigation and close out of Quality Deficiency Reports / Customer Complaints
- To deploy quality improvement tools and techniques to promote behavioural change amongst staff roles that subsequently bring a step change to the internal business culture
- To manage Contract Review, order entry, laboratory and testing facilities in line with organisational, operational and customer requirements
- To manage the technical development of processes on site through monitoring and reviewing process techniques, equipment and operations, plus a regular assessment of alternative equipment and techniques used or available in the industry
- To manage and develop the on-site technical support services for customers including pricing/quoting, sample preparation and material/specification advice, in liaison with the site management and the sales team
- To assist the site management team in formulating and implementing the strategic plant development by providing on-going customer satisfaction.
Requirements of the Quality and Technical Manager:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in metallurgy or material science
- Experience and/or qualifications in Quality Management Systems and auditing – experience of compliance and maintenance of ISO 9001
- Good technical understanding of both Heat and/or Surface Treatment processes
- Computer literate and conversant with Microsoft office applications
- Ability to interpret engineering specifications, drawings and standards to construct local procedures and train others in compliance
- Ability to utilise the company business software system.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Quality and Technical Manager role then please apply now!