Quality and information security coordinator
Salary: from £25,500 per annum
Contract: fixed-term for 24 months
Location: Harwell or Bristol
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research - by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It's our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It's a bold statement, but one that we're determined to fulfil.
About the role
Jisc's systems are built on a cloud first, class leading infrastructure that ensures that our staff have the systems they want, when and where they want them. We are developing our quality management and project delivery function to develop Jisc's quality systems, process management capability (including business analysis) and the development of Jisc's programme management office capability.
You will support the management of the quality and information security management systems within Jisc.
You will support the quality manager and head of information security in ensuring the successful operation, performance and expansion of Jisc's management systems, by coordinating quality management system (QMS) and information security (ISMS) activities
The team are currently supporting management systems certified to ISo9001:2015 and ISO27001:2013, with the intention to broaden the current scope of certification. While the primary focus will be on supporting the quality manager and head of information security, the post holder may be asked to support other administrative activities within the quality management and project delivery team.
Your role reports to the quality manager and supports the head of information security. As this role will engage with activities across the whole organisation, you will also be required to develop and maintain solid working relationships with all groups and at all levels throughout the organisation
We're looking for a great new team member who can:
- Plan and co-ordinate quality and information security management meetings, minute take and follow-up actions (e.g. ISMG/ISMB, monthly management system review, internal auditor meetings )
- Assist and take responsibility for a variety of QMS and ISMS activities such as document control activities, associated internal and external audit activities, production of reports and reporting data, management review preparation and follow-up, improvement and awareness activities.
- Provide administrative support for the maintenance and expansion of ISO9001:2015 and ISO27001:2013
- Be passionate about quality & information security and promote the benefits of a systematic, process based approach
- Represent either the quality manager or head of information security at relevant meetings or working parties as required
- Create, maintain and develop any specific documentation in relation to the activities undertaken by the role holder
- Participate in internal auditing activities
- Support with inductions of new staff
- Assist the quality manager or head of information security in any other tasks that may arise from time to time
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 extra days for our Christmas closure, in addition to eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution)
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
Difference is good and here at Jisc we want to celebrate it. So regardless of your background or personal characteristics, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you.
No agencies please
This role will be based in Harwell or Bristol (with frequent travel to Harwell).
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job