Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary band: £29,000 to £34,000
Reporting to: Deputy CEO
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Generous company pension contribution
- Employee Assistance ProgrammeProfessional development budget
- Claimable expenses
- Biannual team-building outings
- Join a small and dedicated team in a welcoming work environment
The Cambridge Access Validating Agency (CAVA) enables adults to achieve their aspirations through education. We do this by designing, validating, quality-assuring, and awarding Access to Higher Education (HE) Diplomas. We have more than 4000 mature students studying one of approximately 80 bespoke Access to HE courses at 32 CAVA-member colleges nationwide.
CAVA is a non-profit membership organisation: a strong and equal partnership between six universities and more than 30 further education providers. Together, we are committed to aiding social mobility by increasing the opportunities for people from all backgrounds to study at university.
At CAVA, we are driven by our values and passion for Access to HE Diplomas. We are a close-knit and dedicated team of five staff members, based out of our central Cambridge office. In response to COVID-19, we are currently working flexibly between the office and home, and we will work with our successful applicant to identify the safest working environment for you. We look forward to welcoming you to the CAVA team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Officer will work collaboratively with the Quality Team to perform these key functions:
- the effective operation of the CAVA quality systems and procedures
- manage and develop support services for CAVA members
- report on development matters to the QuAD committee
- organise self-assessment of CAVA services and operations
- assist the Deputy CEO in the preparation of the QAA reports on quality and development issues and return of statistics
- liaise with outside agencies relevant to the role and promote CAVA interests
- organise CAVA professional development events
- any other duties appropriate to the role and deemed necessary for the effective operation of CAVA
To join us as our new Quality and Development Officer, you will need:
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English Grade C or above
- Educated to degree level or above
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience of running relevant quality assurance systems
- Background in the education sector
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate workload with others
- Experience with committee work
- Experience with project management
- Teaching experience
If you share our values and passion for social mobility through lifelong learning, we would love to hear from you.
Please submit your CV and your covering letter (no more than 2 pages each) outlining your interest and suitability for the role to Flóra Raffai via .
The closing date for this role is 7 October 2020, with interviews scheduled for 16 October 2020 at our Cambridge office.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'