QA Team Member - Immed Start - Permanent Role - FMCG
Your new company
You will be working for an independently owned food company that is Europe's leading manufacturer and supplier their products in to well known global brands and international supermarket groups. Focused on innovation, speed to market, servicing our customers needs and meeting the consumer's growing demand for their product.
Your new role
Your role and key tasks include:
- To ensure the effective implementation of company processes and procedures in order to ensure safety, quality and legality of products throughout the process.
- Ensuring the product meets the specification by carrying out hourly flavour checks, bag weight checks, packaging coding details etc.
- Checking in deliveries of raw materials and food contact packaging to ensure they conform to specification.
- Carrying out daily, weekly and monthly audits of the factory, including glass/hard plastic audits and GMP audits.
- A basic level of understanding - Hazard Analysis System (HACCP) and be able to complete CCP checks.
- To organise and issue production paperwork and labels then complete, check, file, store and retrieve any audit documents when required.
- Manage sample/archive area and associated documentation for manufactured finished product, shelf life, associated tests.
- Verify general hygiene and machine operation via inspections prior to line start-up.
The role will be to work over a 3 shift pattern but flexibility will be required during peak periods.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have:
- Knowledge of food industry good manufacturing practices and hygiene standards
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact well with others at all levels, including customers and auditors.
- Exceptional report writing skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work calmly, whilst under pressure.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Ability and willingness to undertake training as part of his / her own role.
- Ability to work overtime at short notice.
Works as part of a team, able to cover other requirements as necessary.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- quality analyst