Quality Analyst (Software)
Overview of Software Quality Analyst:
Have you ever envisaged a job where you could progress your career and have the best work/life balance Devon has to offer?
If you are an experienced Quality Analyst who is used to working on varied projects and products, this is a great opportunity to work in a high quality and fast moving environment.
Working in a multifaceted systems environment, you will be managing the QA process throughout straightforward projects from inception through to delivery; Generating test plans based on analysis of functional and non-functions requirements to which you will contribute to ensure testability and to plan testing provisions, pre-requisites, environments, tools required and any other supporting elements required at an early stage.
The Travel Chapter is a British Travel Awards winner, with approaching 200 staff and a growing portfolio of 3400+ properties across the UK. If you thrive in a fast-paced, versatile and exciting team environment, this career move could be your best one yet!
Part of the Travel Chapter Group, Holidaycottages.co.uk is an award-winning holiday letting company with over 25 years’ experience specialising in quality holiday properties across the UK. We pride ourselves on our extensive and varied portfolio of properties, and always strive to exceed the expectations of our holidaymakers and property owners alike.
Join now and let's grow together.
Your additional role responsibilities as Software Quality Analyst:
- Plans will include approaches to all forms of testing including system, regression, UAT etc. and any other forms required (e.g. smoke/sanity testing scheduled code releases etc.).
- You will contribute to project planning through various tasks such as requirements analysis, straw plans, estimation, project test plans, RAID logs etc. which will identify and highlight risks, planned mitigation, contingency plans and dependencies.
- Additionally, you will monitor process and procedure in order to identify any weaknesses and to increase the quality of any activities that contribute to the projects’ success.
- Particular attention should be paid to deliverables ensuring all deliverables and deliveries are of the highest quality achievable - you will act as the 'Gatekeeper’ for releases and will provide the final sign off before delivery.
- You will take responsibility for project progress, chasing resolution of issues and blockers, mediating between parties where required for the progression of QA and communicating with all the relevant parties whether technical, product, environmental, user-based and challenging any decisions that impact the quality of the project.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in testing and QA on varied projects & products
- Proactive approach to your work to ensure progression on projects, facilitate high quality deliveries into and out of the test phase, challenging issues and decisions that may adversely affect quality and managing resolution/mitigation of issues, blockers & risks
- Contribution to business requirements and analysis, helping create specifications & stories that are clear & concise, meet the needs of users and are testable with test & QA requirements defined in tandem including all supporting elements required
- Engagement and contribution in UAT to facilitate a fluid and effective process whilst monitoring & analysing progress with a view to future improvements
- Managing all test related activities in order to produce high quality deliverables
- Assisting project management and enabling progress by owning defects and issues, mediating user requirements between relevant parties and contributing to the prompt resolution of blockers and critical issues
- Defect/issue management, including priority, scheduling, providing expectations (e.g. templates where necessary) as to what information is required, SLAs & definitions through e.g. priority/severity, 'done done’, test pass/failure, scope etc.
- Highly numerate
- Excellent IT skills - Inclusive of Advanced Level Excel
- High level of precision and attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate strong commercial awareness
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment and changing business priorities
- Well organised, proactive, results oriented, flexible and collaborative approach to work
- Naturally inquisitive and question led
In return, we offer a competitive salary package, pension scheme and holiday offer, with the opportunity for on-going training; not to mention the opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding business.
How to Apply for the Software Quality Analyst: If you possess the experience, passion and attitude to make this role a success then we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV with covering letter.
King Recruit is working in partnership with The Travel Chapter. Please direct all correspondence and enquiries to the following email address:
- Project Plans
- Software Quality
- Software Testing Life Cycle
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job