Our Client is looking to strengthen their SHEQ team with a Quality Advisor for the CMDP joint venture for the Southern Water region.
Based at the Falmer office you will be required to develop, monitor and control quality management systems across the CMDP Joint venture.
CMDP is a joint venture that will deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water’s water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex). The individual projects are the design and construction of improvements to clean water and dirty water treatment plants, including pumping stations and sea outfalls. Individual projects within the programme will range in value from £250K up to £20M.
You will report directly to the Quality Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Analysing current and future procedural needs of the business
• Use and improve the integrated management system to cover all aspects of the JV
• Providing overall support on quality issues, including document production where necessary
• Providing training on quality issues and business processes
• Supporting other functional areas of the business including proposals, procurement, business services and design
• Develop and undertaking programme of on-site quality control audits, (including during tender, design and construction stage)
• Managing the resolution of findings and corrective actions
• Develop and deliver quality advice to office and site staff through a variety of tool-box talks, guides and presentations
• Collation of quality data for monitoring targets
• Facilitate and participate in site quality management processes including Quality Readiness Reviews, Inspection and Test Plans, non-conformance reporting and inspections.
• Liaison with clients, joint venture and supply chain partners
• Assisting with the operation of the quality management system
• Liaison with the SHEQual team to contribute to the development of companywide management systems
• Providing support to the SHEQual Department, reporting to the Quality Manager
• Experience of quality management within the construction industry (preferably Water Treatment)
• A recognised Internal Quality Auditor qualification (e.g. an IRCA recognised course)
• Experience of writing formal quality management documents and undertaking audits
• The ability to identify key issues, evaluate data and draw informed conclusions
We are an equal opportunities employer
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Control
- Quality Management
- Quality Auditing