A fantastic opportunity has arisen within our client, the leading UK provider of sealing solutions, for a Quality Administrator to work in a busy team within the Quality Department. The company’s capabilities include design, development and manufacturing. Based in Bedford, the company has been established for over 40 years, experiencing a healthy growth year upon year. Our client is dynamic, fast paced and engineering led, operating in several key markets such as Oil and Gas, Automotive, Packaging and Life Sciences.
Main Responsibilities of the Quality Administrator:
- Monitor Supplier Performance: produce monthly reports, follow up actions for any required improvements
- Control of Environmental Manual and internal environmental audits, to ensure ISO14001 requirements are met
- Record and file various inspection, measurement data, and statistical reports
- Update Quality manual with any relevant changes
- Control of customer part approval system
- Contact customers and suppliers when required
- Complete customer questionnaires, including control of customer vendor ratings
- General administration functions: Assist Quality Engineers in various administration tasks.
Key Skills Required of the Quality Administrator:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, plus exceptional attention to detail
- A team player, who is also happy to work independently, capable of prioritising own workload in order to meet the quality departments tight deadlines and targets
- Self-motivated and drive to produce accurate work, to a high standard
- Knowledge of using an ERP system, an advantage
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude with a desire to learn, improve and succeed.
Benefits of becoming the Quality Administrator:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Opportunities
- Healthcare Scheme
- Pension Scheme.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Quality Administrator role then please apply now!