Quality & Academic Standards Officer - £18.44ph plus Hol Pay - Central London
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a top London University. If you have experience of working within Higher Education specifically in Quality Assurance please read on.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Quality & Academic Standards Officer will support the portfolio of the Head of Quality & Academic Standards and Quality Manager and be responsible for administering a number of processes and procedures for the academic portfolio.
- Responsible for administering a number of processes and procedures for both taught and research degree courses, such as annual monitoring, periodic review, external examining and studentships.
- Contribute to development, maintenance and implementation of policies and procedures to support delivery of the academic portfolio, keeping abreast of developments in the sector to ensure the regulatory requirements.
- Support implementation of institutional quality assurance processes and best practice at Faculty and course level, as appropriate, in liaison with relevant staff and committees.
- Provide full secretariat support for committees, and for ad hoc working groups. This includes proactively drafting agendas and papers, taking minutes and ensuring that actions are managed and advanced.
- Working with the Quality Manager to co-ordinate central annual monitoring processes and provision of information where appropriate.
- Support external review processes, working closely with review teams and providing additional assistance where required.
- Work with the other Quality & Academic Standards Officer(s) to support activities relating to the Student Representative Council.
- Assist in researching and analysing information from a range of sources to contribute to preparation of reports for presentation at committees and/or to senior staff.
- Work with the rest of the team to ensure that the website is up to date and that communications from the team are disseminated in a clear and timely manner.
- Experience of preparing policies, procedures, reports and guidance documents
- Experience of supporting quality assurance activities, preferably including external and internal quality reviews of taught courses and research degrees
- Experience of successfully undertaking all aspects of committee servicing
- Knowledge and understanding of the QAA regulatory framework and of related practices within the Higher Education sector
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a good attention to detail
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels, and to work effectively within a team
- Proven ability to manage a significant workload under pressure and to prioritise effectively
- Proven ability to work on own initiative, including the ability to know when to confer with colleagues or refer matters on Proactive and capable of identifying potential improvements to processes and documentation, and of implementing these changes
- Highly competent in a wide range of IT applications and software
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
- Microsoft Office
- Quality Assurance
- Minute Taking