This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
Quality First Surveyor, Standards & Commercial Coach – Barchester Care Homes working for Caterplus, part of the elior group
This is an exciting opportunity for a short term contract/secondment of 4 months to the Barchester project. As part of the Quality First Everywhere (QFE) project we are currently carrying out surveys to monitor the Barchester brand standard within the homes, to include commercial effectiveness and efficiency evaluation, coaching to improving the commercial effectiveness and standards of service front of house.
The location is nationwide.
Summary of Role
You will be part of the overall Barchester project team, but will work alone on site when carrying out the quality survey, standards and commercial fitness assessment. Full training will be given.
Your role will be to work in conjunction with the QFE project lead, you will plan and arrange your survey visits. Once on site you will work closely with the Head Chef and Head Housekeeper to interrogate and observe the service and analyse the commercial management of each department. Feedback to each head of department and coach them on areas of improvement required. You will liaise with the Homes General Manager and Divisional Hotel Service Manager (DHSM) to feedback findings and actions required. Attend weekly project team conference calls.
As Quality Surveyor, Standards & Commercial Coach you will be
- Proactive management and training whilst in the home
- Fully versed in the Barchester brand standards & financial reporting
- Accountable for improvements in commercial performances
- Working with the DHSM’s to effect change where needed
- Continuing to ensure that for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, are adhered to
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
As Quality First Surveyor, Standards & Commercial Coach for Caterplus we look for …
- Experience in a similar role would be good but not necessary
- Proven leadership who can nurture a team and take them on a journey
- Good communications skills
- Care home background would be a benefit
- Training experience would be a benefit
- Hard working & flexible
- Committed to seeing the project through
Salary & Benefits
28K salary for a full year - to be pro rata by length of work, 4 months contract
Expenses incurred whilst working on the project will be compensated in line with the elior policy
Full time 40 hours - Monday – Friday - Start date September 2017
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job