Pay rate: £33 per hour
Hours: Mon to Fri – 9am to 5pm, 37 hours weekly.
This vacancy has an initial 3 – 6 month contract likely to be extended.
- Experience of Undertaking Child and Family Assessments,
- S.47 inquiries and intervention and planning for `Children in Need`
- Required to use professional knowledge to assess, monitor and review social care needs of individuals, relatives and carers and to arrange the provision of appropriate care services.
- The work involves a significant amount of admin (50%), can be stressful, requires lone working, often involves driving and may involve coping with aggressive behaviour.
- Must have significant knowledge, experience and specialist communication skills to gather information and make a full assessment of the risks, protection and social care needs of individuals, carers and families.
- Must be capable of devising individual care plans based on needs and risks and take appropriate action, in conjunction with other agencies, to protect vulnerable people.
- Required to manage an agreed case load, offer support and guidance and monitor, review and reassess care packages/services to ensure continued effectiveness.
- Must be able to assess risks, needs and information, and recognise problems.
- Understand philosophies, professional social work issues and the legal framework underpinning care services.
- Must be computer literate and have basic numeracy skills.
- Must be able to fulfil transport requirements.
- Must possess good communication skills with ability to negotiate with services users.
Support from a dedicated consultant with extensive social work experience in your particular region of the country
Choice of a variety of social work jobs across 150 authorities throughout the UK within many specialisms.
LTD, PAYE or Umbrella company payments with our daily payroll system
Excellent referral scheme - £200 for each successfully placed person
Relevant social work qualification, e.g. CQSW, CSS, DipSW, Nursing, OT qualification.
If you are interested in this position please call Sabah on , or click 'apply'.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job