We a are looking for Qualified Social Worker to Join to rapid Response Team in South London - Hospital Based.
Salary is negotiable
Main purpose of the job:
- To work with service users and their carers, to promote and maintain their dignity, choice and independence. To assist as part of the multi disciplinary team in improving quality of life by, devising re-enablement programmes to maximise independence and assist with accessing resources to provide practical help, where appropriate.
- To give advice and information, and signpost people to appropriate provision in the voluntary and independent sectors.
- To facilitate the safe discharge of service users from hospital.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assess the needs of older people and people with physical and learning disabilities or mental health problems, and their carers.
- To devise re-enablement programmes, with service users and their carers, which will maximise their ability to function independently.
- To devise innovative packages of care in consultation with service users, and carers which respond to individual needs and are managed within the available council budget and resources, including the use of Individual Budgets. To implement services of an emergency, preventive and developmental nature.
- To carry out statutory duties, this will include the safeguarding of adults policy and procedures.
- To participate in the Social Work emergency duty rota.
- To ensure effective and efficient use of time and resources.
- To accept and contribute to supervision and guidance within the procedures and policies of the department.
- To provide reports and necessary documentation.
- To identify shortfalls in resources in meeting service user/community needs
- To follow departmental procedures and guidelines in all aspects of work.
- To utilise professional skills and expertise in order to work in a person centred manner with users and carers.
- To maintain and develop community and preventative support through direct work and liaison with other agencies both statutory and voluntary.
- To make a positive contribution to service development within the Team.
- To participate in and contribute to team functioning, goals and objectives.
- To maintain high professional standards.
- To carry out any other duties as required
You will be expected to work shifts as part of the integrated service delivery teams. The Service operates 7 days per week from 08.00 to 20.00.
* DipSW, CQSW, CSS or equivalent.
* Experience in undertaking assessments and the ability to demonstrate how these are used in forming appropriate care plans for children with disabilities.
* Recent experience of communicating with young people with disabilities and/or additional needs and working in partnership with parents and/or carers.
Please call Claire on for more details or email your CV over to today!
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour or nationality.
- Qualified Social Worker
- Childrens Social Care
- Rapid Response Team