Qualified Social Worker, Family Support Team, West Essex, up to £207 per day
If you are an experienced Social Work Practitioner who can pick up cases from handover and manage complex cases, we want to hear from you.
You will work in the Family Support & Protection team based in Basildon.
You will work in one of the largest towns within Essex with excellent transport links. You will be surrounded by peaceful villages alongside a busy high street with outstanding restaurants, sports centres and shopping facilities.
- The FS&P Teams work with families that have long-term complex issues, require more than three months’ intervention, and where children are subject to child protection or child in need plans or where children can no longer live at home and care proceedings need to be initiated.
- FS&P Social Workers are responsible for building on the relationships with families using systemic and strengths based social work approaches.
- Through this they will work alongside families to achieve positive change within the context of managing risk.
- The work is varied and involves working with Public Law Outline (PLO), taking families into proceedings and first hearing only, Special Guardianship Order (SGO) assessments and Section 7 court reports, reviewing as well as updating assessments and plans for children subject to Children in Need (CIN), Child Protection (CP) or Looked-After Children (LAC).
- Degree/Diploma in Social Work or equivalent qualification
- HCPC registration as a Social Worker
- Must have completed your AYSE
- Driving licence with own car
To find out more about this role, please call Dee Spencer on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.
- Child Protection
- Looked after Children
- Family Support
- Children in Need
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job