I am currently recruiting qualified social workers on behalf of a local authority to work within Merseyside. Social workers are needed to work within a Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub with the primary function of screening and responding to all new referrals into children's social care.
The MASH is the first point of contact for children, young people and families in need or in need of safeguarding. The team assesses and responds in the short term to children in needs undertaking safeguarding assessments where required.
As a Qualified Social Worker your main duties will require you to manage cases, utilising specialist skills to undertake work with children and their families to deliver a positive change.
Key Duties will include:
* Safeguard and promote the welfare of children in line with the Children Acts 1989 and 2004, Children and Families Act 2014, and working Together to Safeguard Children guidance 2013.
* To carry a caseload and be responsible for assessment and planning for children and young people, consistently maintaining the highest level of professional standards.
* Review all background information on all siblings and record summary with an analysis and recommendation for course of action.
* Undertake screening process and subsequent recommendations.
* As part of a duty rota provide advice and information through duty calls and consultations with families and other professionals.
* Attend and contribute to daily Mash briefing meetings.
* Co-ordinate and participate in MASH discussions with other agencies/partners on complex cases
* Respond to requests for information.
* To ensure the provision of clear written reports to child protection conferences, reviews, planning meetings and any other purpose as required, ensuring good quality casework analysis and risk assessment is evident throughout.
* To ensure reports and case notes are prepared for Court are of high quality, and to support and prepare workers in the Court process, including giving evidence in Court, as required.
* To work with children and young people, families, carers and communities to formulate care plans in partnership, based on their assessment of need, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to their planning.
* To ensure the planning and review of statutory work with children and young people is in accordance with statutory regulation and to produce written reports and other documentation for this purpose.
You will be working on behalf of Medicare First, which offers you the following benefits:
* Your own dedicated specialist consultant
* Access to the widest variety of social work jobs nationwide
* Prompt and reliable payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
As a Qualified Social Worker you will meet the following requirements:
* Qualified social worker (Dip SW or equivalent) and have relevant post qualification experience working within a statutory setting
* You must be fully registered with the HCPC
* Able to provide full performance referencing
* Have a 1-4 week notice period
For more information or a confidential chat please call Catherine Rogerson on 0161-2748519 or email
- Child protection
- Children and families
- Children looked after
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job