With a benefits package like this, joining us will be a Smart move
£23,383 - £29,477 pa and the opportunity for additional earnings
If you’re a qualified Electric, Gas or Dual Fuel Meter Technician, there’s no better place to bring your career than E.ON. Not only do we have a strong reputation within the metering services sector and a firm commitment to safety and transparency, we also have a market leading benefits package – it includes 26 days’ holiday, a generous pension scheme and the chance to choose from some 20 flexible benefits. It’s all about making this a great place to work. After all, the happier you are, the happier our customers will be.
Across everything you do, you’ll go above and beyond to deliver a great customer experience – we pride ourselves on providing the very best in electricity and gas metering services. That means being tidy and considerate as you work as well as understanding and reassuring customers who have concerns. To support you, we’ll make sure you have everything you need to provide an outstanding, safety-led service that leaves every customer happy and because you’ll be visiting residential and commercial properties to carry out both installations and repairs, every day will be different. Think the very latest technology, impressive training and development, with a Company mobile phone and vehicle.
What do we need from you?
- Hold or held a single-phase qualification (MOCOPA certificate) to electric meter fixer level and/or the following valid qualifications: Gas ACS CCN1 or CMA1 and MET1 or MET2.
- If you’re single fuel qualified, be willing to become Dual Fuel qualified.
- A passion for providing excellent customer service.
- A flexible approach, especially when it comes to working away from home if you need to.
- The ability to meet the physical demands of the job, which requires considerable physical manoeuvrability and the ability work on meters at a variety of heights.
- A full valid UK/EU driving licence (preferably clean, but with a maximum of 6 points).
- To live in the area of recruitment or be willing to relocate to one of these areas at your own cost.
It would be great if you had
- Three-phase qualification to electric meter fixer level.
- Hold valid authorisation to work on the distribution network.
What we’ll give you in return
Join us, and you’ll start by undertaking a fully paid training programme at our first-class facilities in the West Midlands. If you’re not dual fuel qualified already, you’ll also work in the field in your home area with a Smart metering mentor as you work your way towards in achieving the dual fuel phase meter fixer qualification in gas and electricity.
It’s an opportunity for you to meet the team and get up to speed with our business. Once you’re up and running, you will have access to our on-call rota and boost your earnings.
You’ll also find that we offer excellent opportunities for career progression – lots of our technicians go on to become team leaders as well as developing new specialist skills with us.
You may need to travel to an assessment day.
For more information on reasonable adjustments please click here
What we offer
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
E.ON is an international privately-owned energy supplier. In the 2014 financial year, our staff comprising in excess of more than 58,000 employees based in many countries in Europe as well as in Russia and North America generated sales of around EUR 112 billion. We have an ambitious objective: We want to be the preferred partner for high-value energy offerings for customers.
E.ON provides electricity and gas to millions of homes and businesses here in the UK. It’s incredibly complex work. It takes the talents of thousands of people to do what we do. Yet our vision is a simple one. We want to be the trusted energy partner for our customers. We’re doing that by making energy cleaner and simpler to understand. We’re also doing it by being genuinely helpful people and treating our customers fairly.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job