Fully qualified accountants with UK experience in the last 2-5 years we can reference
An interesting opportunity has arisen for a Project Accountant to join a Bristol based Finance team working within the UK Defence business. In this role, you will be part of a high performing, passionate and supportive Finance team and will provide key insights and analysis to drive financial performance and the delivery of critical business initiatives.
- Own the monthly managements accounts process for several UK Defence Aerospace programmes; posting journals, completing actual and forecast schedules with supporting commentaries and variance analysis. Perform monthly Balance Sheet reviews, validating and explaining key Balance Sheet movements and closing out key control items as required.
- Make financial recommendations to drive and enhance programme performance.
- Work closely with the Programme, Supply Chain, Inventory and Pricing teams to support the budgeting and forecasting processes and to ensure the submission of timely and accurate revenue, cash and profit figures.
- Conduct monthly review meetings with budget holders and Programme Teams, providing support for commercial business issues and contract pricing queries as they arise.
- Be the point of contact for cyclical external audit queries; provide timely responses to audit queries as they arise and develop stringent remedial controls where necessary.
- Produce financial summaries to support Long Term Contract reviews and present these at Long Term Contract Reviews
Key Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Educated to degree level/equivalent or above
- Demonstrable project accounting experience essential
- Strong SAP and Excel experience is essential
- Highly customer focussed and be experienced in communicating financial knowledge across all levels within a corporate environment
- Excellent prioritisation and self-management skills are key, as is the ability to manage and meet a wide variety of internal and external reporting deadlines
- Experience of working in a business partnering capacity with the ability to challenge the status quo is desirable
What you will get in return
- 6-12 month interim contract
- Flexible home working
- paid weekly via timesheet system
- starting asap -interviews as soon as this week via Teams with the FD
- option to extend & stay long-term on further projects
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'