Hours: Night - 4 Nights Per Week / 3 Nights the following week
Location: Ammanford / Wales
Dean Healthcare is one of the leading recruitment providers within the Health & Social Care sector throughout the South West. We are currently recruiting for exceptional Qualified Nurse to work with a leading national care provider supporting a large team of care staff provide outstanding care to elderly adults with dementia.
This role is based in Ammanford working in a 58-bedded home that operate over 2 units 1 unit elderly and the other dementia and mental health residents. The organisation delivers high-quality care and nursing for adults with physical disabilities and complex needs. Regulated by the Care Quality Commission, the dedicated and experienced team use a person-centred approach to ensure every individual's needs are understood and met with the greatest privacy, dignity and respect.
Could this role be for you?
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities to be able to deliver the care required:
- To be accountable for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating person centred plans for residents, consulting with and involving the individual, as well as relevant others (e.g. family, support staff, health and social care professionals) where appropriate.
- To be responsible for managing a team of support staff including daily & formal supervision, as required.
- To provide and maintain a high quality, efficient service delivery which promotes customer independence by leading through example.
- To monitor team work areas and work practices to ensure safety and relevant legislation, policies, standards and guidance are followed and met.
- To contribute to the ongoing assessment of customers, including assessment of new customers, observing any change in their health & wellbeing and ensuring this is managed and recorded in an appropriate & timely way
- To be responsible for nursing support, ensuring that customers nursing needs are recorded to a high professional standard and to record all information in accordance with LCD procedures & NMC guidelines.
- To be responsible for the ordering, safe storage and administration of medicines.
- To support customers with their physical care, personal hygiene needs and daily life tasks & skills as required by their person-centred plan (PCP), ensuring that their independence is preserved and developed as far as possible and affording appropriate levels of privacy and dignity.
- To participate in the training and development of support staff in undertaking care tasks and oversee support staff undertaking delegated nursing tasks.
- To assist in the assessment and monitoring of wider staffing requirements, reporting problems to the relevant manager.
- To be 'Nurse in Charge' in on their respective shift their absence and be accountable for service provision in line with respective legislative framework of the service.
- To be a registered nurse, holding current registration with NMC.
- To be able to demonstrate relevant post qualification learning would be advantageous.
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of nursing theory and best practice at the level of a qualified nurse (level 5), being able to demonstrate effective nursing practice in all basic registered nurse procedures
- To have a thorough understanding of assessing clinical and personal support needs and how to write and review comprehensive personalised support plans to include risk assessment.
- Able to work on a rota basis 4 nights followed by 3 nights the following week.
This role is Full-time 38.5 - 48 hours per week with the opportunity to pick up some extra shifts, offering a competitive salary of up to £38,688.
In return for your passion and commitment the client offers desirable benefits package including
- Up to 25 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Pension Contribution
- £2000 Welcome Incentive
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle Scheme
For further information and to book an immediate interview please call Nicole on or email .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'