We are searching for a HGV Mechanic as our client is expanding their Leeds based Depot
You must only apply if you have relevant Mechanical Qualifications such as City & Guilds Level 3
The company is well established, and they are specialists in commercial vehicle rental. Their Business has 6 rental depots, with fully equipped, modern maintenance workshops in the North and South of England. From these depots they operate in excess of 2500 vehicles (of which 1000 are above 3.5 tons) throughout the UK.
The role of HGV Technician will involve being responsible for carrying out inspection and service routines and repairs and testing of vehicles in a professional and safe manner. The HGV Mechanic will be reporting to the Workshop Manager and will be able to investigate and diagnose faults, report findings and be able to carry out all repairs to the current manufacturers standards.
It would be advantageous for you to possess these skills:
- Knowledge of cranes or hydraulics
- Experience working on tippers, tipper grabs or beaver tails
- Knowledge of latest diagnostic systems
- Class 1 (C+E) or Class 2 (C) HGV License (Car License Holders will also be considered)
Our client very much prides itself on the standards of service and of all its vehicles. As a HGV Mechanic, you will be responsible for managing diagnostics and ordering parts effectively whilst being able to carry out all repairs to the highest standards and with the most effective use of time.
We are looking for a team player to fill this role who will be flexible and able to work to tight deadlines. You must have previous HGV technical experience and be able to adopt a hands-on approach to all aspects of the role to ensure continued high levels of work are carried out right first time.
- Hours of work: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday to Friday (with 30 mins’ unpaid lunch break)
- Saturdays 7:00 am- 12:00 pm (on a Rota, 3 on, 1 off but paid for all 4)
- 40 hours at £13.68 per hour + all hours above 40 are paid at overtime rate of £20.52 per hour
- Contributory pension scheme
- Death in Service payout: two times annual salary
- Free parking
- Onsite kitchen facilities
- In walking distance of local amenities
- HGV Mechanic
- commercial vehicle
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"